• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seiko
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Jul 2020

When life changes your plans

Please excuse me running long.

With all the best intentions, sometimes life doesn't work out the way we planned. This message is not teaching of course, as I am merely a novice, but I do hope anyone here who couldn't join Rohatsu 'live' will take some comfort from knowing you are not alone.

My contribution to Rohatsu was small but I am thankful that I recorded it, as it was impossible to attend live. My wife had double-booked us for babysitting two of the grandchildren, so we had a 3 year old and her 7 year old sister all weekend. The 3 year old wakes four or five times during the night (as fresh as a daisy) and wants a long chat each time. During the day, she does nothing you ask her to do and everything you ask her not to. Because of this, the other grandparents will only have her for an afternoon, never overnight. The girls stayed for 3 days and nights. So that's how my Rohatsu looked.

Today my brain is mush and my body is jelly. I am going gently to try to ward off another ME/CFS relapse.

I will gradually catch up on sleep, then on my own little YouTube Rohatsu. I hope you can too.

Peace and Love.

Gasshō
    Seiko
    stlah
    Gandō Seiko
    頑道清光
    (Stubborn Way of Pure Light)

My street name is 'Al'.

Any words I write here are merely the thoughts of an apprentice priest, just my opinions, that's all.
  • Kokuu
    Treeleaf Priest
    • Nov 2012

That sounds like an incredible weekend of practice, Seiko! Thank you for your recorded contribution to Rohatsu. Many people in the sangha have to practice around work and family commitments and Rohatsu is often not exempt from that.

Please take it easy today.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -notsatyettodaybutsatalotyesterday!-

Comment

• Jundo
      Treeleaf Founder and Priest
      • Apr 2006

The 3 year old wakes four or five times during the night (as fresh as a daisy) and wants a long chat each time. During the day, she does nothing you ask her to do and everything you ask her not to. Because of this, the other grandparents will only have her for an afternoon, never overnight. The girls stayed for 3 days and nights. So that's how my Rohatsu looked.
      That is the perfect Rohatsu Retreat! Wonderful.

Yes, it may explain why the Buddha and Dogen kept their Sangha as no-kid-zones, but that is not how we roll at Treeleaf.

Lovely. 3 and 7 year old Buddhas.

Gassho, Jundo

stlah
      ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Washin
        Treeleaf Unsui
        • Dec 2014

Thank you for sharing your beautiful Rohatsu retreat experience, Seiko.

Gassho
        Washin
        Sat/Lah

Sent from my SM-A325F using Tapatalk
        Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
        Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
        ----
        I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
        and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Comment

Working...