Buddhist Nazis ...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alina
    • Jul 2023

I'm so shocked to find out about this, I wouldn't have believed that Buddhist Nazis were possible, it's an oxymoron!

I agree with Kyonin,

And I hope they never become a movement.
    May more and more people realize how social media poisons their minds, and start choosing to unplug from it.

Gassho,
    Alina
    ST

Comment

• Seiko
      Treeleaf Unsui
      • Jul 2020

Just this to say to such people - 'Do no harm'.

Gasshō
      Seiko
      stlah
      Gandō Seiko
      頑道清光
      (Stubborn Way of Pure Light)

My street name is 'Al'.

Any words I write here are merely the thoughts of an apprentice priest, just my opinions, that's all.

Comment

• Tai Do
        • Jan 2019

I’m also very shocked by this and find it unbelievable that in the 21st Century CE there are still people who support the nazis. If hating and killing other people just because they exist is not the most anti-Buddhist thing there is, I really know much than I thought I knew about Buddhism.
        May we all be free from anger and hate speech (I agree with you, Jundo, hate speech cannot be seen as an expression of freedom of speech).
        Gassho,
        Tai Do
        Satlah
        怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
        (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!

Comment

• Naiko
          • Aug 2019

I’m stunned that people can twist Buddhist teachings into something ugly. This is deeply disturbing. I hope that they find peace and compassion, but most of all hope they can’t harm or influence anyone.
          Gassho,
          Naiko
          st

Comment

• Chikyou
            • May 2022

This is indeed deeply disturbing. Managing to twist Buddhism into Nazism is quite a feat to be sure, but I'm not surprised that someone pulled it off. People will twist anything to meet their own desires it seems, and sadly, Buddhism is no exception. I am very happy that it's not tolerated here, and I hope it doesn't catch on elsewhere either.

Gassho,
            SatLah
            Kelly
            Chikyō 知鏡
            (KellyLM)

Comment

• Ekai
              • Feb 2011

There are so many hate groups and speech going on everywhere. I feel it's getting worse every day. I find it very scary because it leads to violence. There was a tragedy that happened recently in California. A shop owner flew an LGBTQ pride flag in front of her store to support the community. She was not gay but believed in supporting them and their rights. Unfortunately, she was shot and killed by a man who argued with her outside her store about the pride flag. Apparently, this man frequently posted anti-LGBTQ posts on social media and followed alt-right websites that fed anti-gay propaganda. The shooter was shot by police when they tried to arrest him. Senseless violence. https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/21/us/ca...ing/index.html

Gassho,
              Ekai

SAT

Comment

• Myojin
                • Feb 2023

Thought for the day: ain’t no such thing as Buddhist Nazis, but there are Nazis pretending to be Buddhists.
                People trying to legitimize their spite by dressings it in a robe, I wouldn’t give it the time of day.

Sattday

Dan

Comment

• Seiga
                  • Nov 2019

Dear Jishin,

The picture of your grandmother's identity card is also remarkable because it shows another perversion of the Nazi system:

I at least assume that your grandmother was never called "Sara" by her family - in fact, a year before the ID card was issued - just four weeks before the start of the war! - a law was put into effect according to which Jews were to be "marked" with a "typical Jewish" name on their ID cards. And so from August 17, 1938, all Jewish women were called "Sara" and all Jews were called "Israel".

Metta for Nazis is my greatest test of all. It will be years before I might be able to.

Gasshō
                  Seiga

satlah

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Comment

• Jishin
                    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Seiga
                    Dear Jishin,

The picture of your grandmother's identity card is also remarkable because it shows another perversion of the Nazi system:

I at least assume that your grandmother was never called "Sara" by her family - in fact, a year before the ID card was issued - just four weeks before the start of the war! - a law was put into effect according to which Jews were to be "marked" with a "typical Jewish" name on their ID cards. And so from August 17, 1938, all Jewish women were called "Sara" and all Jews were called "Israel".

Metta for Nazis is my greatest test of all. It will be years before I might be able to.

Gasshō
                    Seiga

satlah

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Pictured above are my grandmother, great grandmother and my great grandfather. Their names were changed to Sara and Israel by the Nazi regime. They were never called Sara or Israel by family members. The “J” in the passport was also another way to identify Jews.

We were lucky as we traded passports for our apartment in Berlin and escaped with our lives.

Gassho, Jishin, ST, LAH

Comment

• Jenny A
                      • Mar 2024

This is appalling but, sadly, unsurprising. Human beings can twist anything.

May such people be free of suffering; may they feel safe, and still.
                      May such people be free of enmity; may they be loving, grateful, and kind.
                      May such people be healthy and at ease in all their ills.
                      May such people be at peace, embracing all conditions of life.

Gassho,
                      jenny
                      stlah

Comment

• Antonio
                        • Mar 2024

I never got the point of Buddhist Nazis. It is like mixing water and oil.

Gassho,

Satlah
                        Antonio

If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him.” - Linji Yixuan​​

Comment

Working...