X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ankai
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Nov 2007

Two for one...

Took one of my residents for an MRI today. Had to wait a while... So, I had the experience of sitting WHILE lending a hand!
    -Karl
    Gassho!
    護道 安海

-Godo Ankai

I'm still just starting to learn. I'm not a teacher. Please don't take anything I say too seriously. I already take myself too seriously!
  • Tai Shi
    • Oct 2014

For me no MRI because of my pacemakers. I get CT with contrast which saved my life. Found a Brain AVM’ thanks Kyousui great mettle friends second body,
    Gassho
    sat/ lah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

• Do Mi
      • Apr 2023

Love this, Karl!

Do Mi
      sat/lah

Comment

• Ankai
        Treeleaf Unsui
        • Nov 2007

No MRI for me, either... Stents, plates, screws, shrapnel ... Nope!

ST/LAH

-Karl
        Gassho!
        護道 安海

-Godo Ankai

I'm still just starting to learn. I'm not a teacher. Please don't take anything I say too seriously. I already take myself too seriously!

Comment

• Tokan
          Treeleaf Unsui
          • Oct 2016

Not my favourite medical intervention - some claustrophic PTSD from travelling over mountain passes in armoured vehicles in Afghanistan! Had to suck it up though...and was grateful not to have a spinal issue after all. Metta to those people you have mentioned.

Gassho, Tokan

satlah
          平道 島看 Heidou Tokan (Balanced Way Island Nurse)
          I enjoy learning from everyone, I simply hope to be a friend along the way

Comment

• Tai Shi
            • Oct 2014

Tokan metta to you. Therapy? It’s always good to be with doctors.
            Gassho
            sat/ lah

Comment

• Jundo
              Treeleaf Founder and Priest
              • Apr 2006

I love my annual MRI Zazen these past few years, since my big surgery. Actually, I do not like it at all ... which is why it is lovely Zazen.

They must use some contrast agent which makes the whole body (even parts I don't talk about usually ) all really hot for a minute, and then I kinda get light headed and almost pass out. Not so fun. But, really, when I learned to just relax and let it happen ...

... it was okay. Strangely nice in fact.

Gassho, J

stlah
              ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Tai Shi
                • Oct 2014

Ju do, I know how these things can be frightening and scary but necessary for health care and safety. I have had three PET scans in the past 6 months and in a few more another.
                Gassho
                sat/lah

Comment

• Seiko
                  Treeleaf Unsui
                  • Jul 2020

Last time I had an MRI was the day after I'd fallen down stairs. The MRI was not connected to that. We travelled 50 miles by car to the hospital for the MRI. I was in pain and very uncomfortable during the journey. In fact the journey was worse than the MRI. Climbing on and off the couch/body board for the MRI was also difficult. Later I discovered I had broken ribs in my fall, and that was the immediate problem. When the results came, the MRI was clear.

The human body is certainly remarkable in it's illnesses and (in some instances) it's ability to heal itself.

I do envy lizards though - for their ability to regenerate a tail if they lose one. It seems a useful superpower.

Please excuse me for running long.

Gasshō
                  Seiko
                  stlah
                  Last edited by Seiko; 06-04-2023, 07:57 AM.
                  Gandō Seiko
                  頑道清光
                  (Stubborn Way of Pure Light)

My street name is 'Al'.

Any words I write here are merely the thoughts of an apprentice priest, just my opinions, that's all.

Comment

• Meian
                    • Apr 2015

I've had four MRI's and some x-rays this year, and several more over my lifetime. Had a CT scan last year of my brain and neck after my car accident.

This year was my brain and spine.

Had MRI's done some years ago of my brain and possibly my spine also.

I don't like them at all -- my body cannot stay still like that, then delayed onset of flares and polyneuropathy, and they are very noisy and bright.

However, they are necessary sometimes so doctors know what they are treating.

Gassho stlh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                    鏡道 |​ Kyodo (Meian) | "Mirror of the Way"
                    visiting Unsui
                    Nothing I say is a teaching, it's just my own opinion.

Comment

Working...