X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seiko
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Jul 2020

Originally posted by Bion
    As I type this short post, the sweet taste of honey still lingers in my mouth. There are subtle traces of fragrant incense in the air and there is joy bubbling inside this bag of skin and bone. Honey is sweet by nature, but honey gifted by a friend is sweet in the heart as well. Incense is pleasant on its own, but it permeates more when it is given as a sign of friendship. Today I get to feel much of that joy, coming from genuine friendship.

To take refuge in the sangha is fundamental for us, Zen practitioners, and we actually begin receiving the precepts by taking refuge. As a matter of fact, all the Precepts are nothing but an explanation of what taking the 3 refuges means, so really, to embrace the Sangha and to open oneself to being embraced by the Sangha, to intimately bond with others that walk the same path, is part of a bodhisattva’s way of existing and manifesting the Precepts. I say this because practicing here, at Treeleaf, has opened the doors, windows and all gates for me to be able to take refuge in the Sangha in a meaningful and profound way. This post is mostly meant to express my deep gratitude for the friends, mentors, brothers and sisters that have come into existence for me in this virtual temple of ours. I am encouraged, comforted, supported and inspired continuously, so really, I understand that taking refuge in the Sangha is like returning home, to safety and peace: it is never one way. To seek the Sangha is to find the Sangha, and inevitably to be embraced by it.

[emoji1374] Sat Today

Excuse the length of this, please. I couldn't fit it all in three sentences.

Seiko
    stlah
    Gandō Seiko
    頑道清光
    (Stubborn Way of Pure Light)

My street name is 'Al'.

Any words I write here are merely the thoughts of an apprentice priest, just my opinions, that's all.

Comment

• Risho
      • May 2010

Beautiful

gassho

risho
      -stlah
      Email: risho.treeleaf@gmail.com

Comment

• Suuko
        • May 2017

Originally posted by Bion
        As I type this short post, the sweet taste of honey still lingers in my mouth. There are subtle traces of fragrant incense in the air and there is joy bubbling inside this bag of skin and bone. Honey is sweet by nature, but honey gifted by a friend is sweet in the heart as well. Incense is pleasant on its own, but it permeates more when it is given as a sign of friendship. Today I get to feel much of that joy, coming from genuine friendship.

To take refuge in the sangha is fundamental for us, Zen practitioners, and we actually begin receiving the precepts by taking refuge. As a matter of fact, all the Precepts are nothing but an explanation of what taking the 3 refuges means, so really, to embrace the Sangha and to open oneself to being embraced by the Sangha, to intimately bond with others that walk the same path, is part of a bodhisattva’s way of existing and manifesting the Precepts. I say this because practicing here, at Treeleaf, has opened the doors, windows and all gates for me to be able to take refuge in the Sangha in a meaningful and profound way. This post is mostly meant to express my deep gratitude for the friends, mentors, brothers and sisters that have come into existence for me in this virtual temple of ours. I am encouraged, comforted, supported and inspired continuously, so really, I understand that taking refuge in the Sangha is like returning home, to safety and peace: it is never one way. To seek the Sangha is to find the Sangha, and inevitably to be embraced by it.

[emoji1374] Sat Today

Excuse the length of this, please. I couldn't fit it all in three sentences.
        Wonderful post, brother. I think that one never loses the connection to the Sangha. When I sit, there's a part of the Sangha in me. When we are in action, it's the dharma in action. When I sit one way, I am always smiling and bowing to the screen. The connection is there.

Gassho,
        Suuko.

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk
        Has been known as Guish since 2017 on the forum here.

Comment

• DanM
          • Aug 2021

Very well said Bion

Gassho,
          Dan
          ST/LAH

Comment

• Ankai
            Treeleaf Unsui
            • Nov 2007

A rock is just a rock. Not particularly special in any way. But if you take that rock, put it with a bunch of other rocks, and a little grit and water and then bang them into each other for an extended period of time, they polish each other and what went in there as a rock comes out as a shining jewel.
            ...that's how Sangha works.

Just got off the cushion.
            Gassho!
            護道 安海

-Godo Ankai

I'm still just starting to learn. I'm not a teacher. Please don't take anything I say too seriously. I already take myself too seriously!

Comment

• Veronica
              • Nov 2022

Beautiful. Gassho [emoji4]
              Veronica
              Stlah

Comment

• Hoseki
                • Jun 2015

Gassho

Hoseki
                sattoday

Comment

• paulashby

Thank you Bion for all the ways you add grace,service and an ever welcoming
                  bow to our sangha. Your positive energy shines across all time zones.

Gassho,peace, Paul Ashby sat lah

Comment

• Chikyou
                    • May 2022

Gassho
                    SatLah
                    Kelly
                    Chikyō 知鏡
                    (KellyLM)

Comment

• Meiun
                      • Feb 2022

Lovely Bion! Thank you for your thoughts....

Gassho [emoji120]

Meiun

Sat today

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
                      Let everything happen to you: Beauty and terror. Just keep going. No feeling is final. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Comment

Working...