Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aucoinj
    • Jan 2021

Looking for a teacher

I’m new to all of this. I try to sit Zazen daily. I’m not close to any groups so I’m not sure where to go next. I feel I need to go deeper in my study, but not sure where to go next. I could really use the help of someone.
    Gassho
    Jen [tranquility]
  • Jundo
    Treeleaf Founder and Priest
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Aucoinj
    I’m new to all of this. I try to sit Zazen daily. I’m not close to any groups so I’m not sure where to go next. I feel I need to go deeper in my study, but not sure where to go next. I could really use the help of someone.
    Hi Jen,

Welcome again.

Ah, well, I believe that is what Treeleaf is for! You have come to the right place. And, here, many people ready to help you get going on the path to right here!

Also, did you receive all the links to beginner's materials I sent when you registered?

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH
    Last edited by Jundo; 02-27-2022, 03:34 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Jundo
      Treeleaf Founder and Priest
      • Apr 2006

PS - Maybe if one of our Sangha Buddies is around, they might contact you and help you find your way around ...

FEELING LOST AROUND THE COMMUNITY? Contact our "SANGHA BUDDHIES"
      Dear All, and especially New Members, Are you feeling a little lost wandering the halls of our Forum? Hard to find things? Wondering about some of our activities and how to participate? Please feel free to contact one or more of the "Sangha Buddhies" volunteers below and they can help. They are older members who are

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
      ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Bion
        Treeleaf Unsui
        • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Jundo
        PS - Maybe if one of our Sangha Buddies is around, they might contact you and help you find your way around ...

FEELING LOST AROUND THE COMMUNITY? Contact our "SANGHA BUDDHIES"
        Dear All, and especially New Members, Are you feeling a little lost wandering the halls of our Forum? Hard to find things? Wondering about some of our activities and how to participate? Please feel free to contact one or more of the "Sangha Buddhies" volunteers below and they can help. They are older members who are

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
        And if time difference might get in the way with others, I’m always glad to lend a hand! Shoot me a message anytime! [emoji3526]

[emoji1374] Sat Today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Stepping back with open hands, is thoroughly comprehending life and death. Immediately you can sparkle and respond to the world." - Hongzhi

Comment

• Geika
          Treeleaf Unsui
          • Jan 2010

Feel free to message me as well!

Gassho
          Sat, lah
          求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
          I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Comment

• Kokuu
            Treeleaf Priest
            • Nov 2012

Hi Jen!

Yes, Treeleaf is here to help support people with their practice and deepen their study.

I would definitely recommend joining us in the Book Club where we are reading Jundo Roshi's guide to Dogen - The Zen Master's Dance, which is an excellent introduction to the heart of the Zen way: https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/foru...TERS-BOOK-CLUB

We have a great recommended list of study resources, including books and podcasts: https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...ed-Books-Media

The calendar lists the sits which are happening every day and it can be really helpful to find one to join and get to see some familiar faces: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

Also, consider coming along to one of our tea houses: https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/foru...dly-Tea-Houses

And this is our recommended At Home Liturgy for your own practice: https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/foru...t-Home-Liturgy

Likewise, feel free to contact me if you would like further guidance on practice and dharma study.

Gassho
            Kokuu
            -sattoday-

Comment

• Rousei
              • Oct 2020

Treeleaf is full of many things, one of the best things it has is a wealth of resourceful and always helpful members! Stick around and read some posts, perhaps others have asked some questions you currently have? Don't find specific questions answered, maybe contact a friendly member for some help.

I really hope you find the guidance you seek and look forward to seeing you around the zendo.

Gassho
              Rousei
              ST
              浪省 - RouSei - Wandering Introspection

Comment

Working...