Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gregor
    • Apr 2007

Encouraging Words!

I came across this tonight while reading Shobogenzo. I felt like sharing it with you all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Even if the countless Buddhas in the ten directions, as numerous as the sands of the Ganges, tried with all their power and all their Buddha-wisdom to calculate or comprehend the merit of one person's Zazen, they could not even get close."

Dogen Zenji, from Bendowa

Nishijima/Cross page 5
    Jukai '09 Dharma Name: Shinko 慎重(Prudent Calm)
  • Jundo
    Treeleaf Founder and Priest
    • Apr 2006

Re: Encouraging Words!

Hi Greg,

Thanks for sitting with all of us at the Retreat! I saw you sitting over in the corner of the room.

I love Bendowa, and it is very approachable and beautiful. I am thinking of using that as the base for our next Sit-a-Long talks on the blog.

By the way, BIG NEWS about the blog coming later this week. (I will keep it mysterious for now).

Gassho, Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Dosho
      • Jun 2008

[Organ Music Plays]

Comment

• Gregor
        • Apr 2007

Hi Jundo,

Sitting with you all was a good experience, I hope to be doing more of that in the future!!

Yes, I'm really enjoying Bendowa --- it does seem approachable, not intimidating in any way. I look forward to you teaching on it.

Big news about the Blog? Hmmm . . . I'm intrigued, looking forward to your announcement as well.
        Jukai '09 Dharma Name: Shinko 慎重(Prudent Calm)

Comment

Working...