Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risho
    • May 2010

Originally posted by Bion
    Ha! I saw your previous post earlier and genuinely said to myself (in your voice) : “and yet.. and yet… “ [emoji23]

[emoji1374] SatToday

I have a few buddhas and a kuan-yin gifted to me so it's not my fault!

Tairin - I know you feel. I was just thinking how I'd like to get a more Japanese style buddha statue and a mokugyo actually looks beautiful and it's a useful tool. So I don't have a lot but it would be cool. hahahah

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah
    Email: risho.treeleaf@gmail.com

Comment

• Bion
      Treeleaf Unsui
      • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Risho

I have a few buddhas and a kuan-yin gifted to me so it's not my fault!

Tairin - I know you feel. I was just thinking how I'd like to get a more Japanese style buddha statue and a mokugyo actually looks beautiful and it's a useful tool. So I don't have a lot but it would be cool. hahahah

Gassho

Risho
      -stlah
      I use the mokugyo daily. I find it useful for chanting [emoji3526]

[emoji1374] SatToday
      "Stepping back with open hands, is thoroughly comprehending life and death. Immediately you can sparkle and respond to the world." - Hongzhi

Comment

Originally posted by Bion
        I use the mokugyo daily. I find it useful for chanting [emoji3526]

[emoji1374] SatToday
        We are using it often too in Chanting and Zazen Circle, mostly with Hannya Shingyo and HAKUIN ZENJI ZAZEN WASAN, and sometimes with Enmei Juku Kannon Gyo.

Yuki (雪)
        Sat today

Comment

• Bion
          Treeleaf Unsui
          • Aug 2020

Do We Need A Mokuhyo (or Moktak)

Originally posted by Yuki
          We are using it often too in Chanting and Zazen Circle, mostly with Hannya Shingyo and HAKUIN ZENJI ZAZEN WASAN, and sometimes with Enmei Juku Kannon Gyo.

Yuki (雪)
          Sat today
          You put it to good use and keep it busy! [emoji3526] [emoji1374]

[emoji1374] SatToday
          "Stepping back with open hands, is thoroughly comprehending life and death. Immediately you can sparkle and respond to the world." - Hongzhi

Comment

• Jakuden
            • Jun 2015

Hi Talib! Good to see you back here! You and I joined Treeleaf around the same time.

Gassho,
            Jakuden
            SatToday

Comment

• Rousei
              • Oct 2020

Originally posted by Jundo
              Our Zendo and my house are filled with little Buddha statues, bells, incense burners and other stuff ... mokugyo too.
              I very rarely see Gautama Buddha figures about. I often see bodhisattvas and laughing buddha. I have been on the look out for a nice Gautama buddha statue!

There is a fine balance I go for, I look out for but I don't seek. If I see things I want i think my karma has ripened, and if the price is right I'll get it. Otherwise maybe I need to do more metta, get my karma back in align. I don't cling to these desires. Besides I like to keep my possessions pretty minimal.

Here in Ishikawa Bodhidharma daruma dolls are everywhere though.
              Last edited by Rousei; 10-04-2021, 06:09 AM.
              浪省 - RouSei - Wandering Introspection

Comment

• Jundo
                Treeleaf Founder and Priest
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by WanderingIntrospection
                I very rarely see Gautama Buddha figures about. I often see bodhisattvas and laughing buddha. I have been on the look out for a nice Gautama buddha statue!

There is a fine balance I go for, I look out for but I don't seek. If I see things I want i think my karma has ripened, and if the price is right I'll get it. Otherwise maybe I need to do more metta, get my karma back in align. I don't cling to these desires. Besides I like to keep my possessions pretty minimal.

Here in Ishikawa Bodhidharma daruma dolls are everywhere though.
                Most seated Buddhas I see are actually Amida Buddha, which one can generally tell from the Zazen mudra in which the hands, with backs of the fingers are touching, is a bit different from our Zazen mudra which is what Shakyamuni uses generally.

But it is fine. Our Buddha in the Tsukuba Zendo may actually have originally been Amida, but I cannot tell because the body is so beat up and worn away. Buddha is a Buddha is a Buddha ...

Gassho, J

STLah
                ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Seibu
                  • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Risho
                  I wonder if the Motak is more tender than the Mokugyo. I mean I soaked that think in salt water for hours, and it's still pretty tough to chew. Definitely not my favorite fish; I'd go with Salmon.

Happy Thursday

Gassho

Risho
                  -stlah

Gassho,
                  Seibu
                  Will sit right away/lah

Comment

Working...