Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zenkon
    • May 2020

List of Precepts

Where can I find a listing of our Precepts?

Thank you

Gassho

Dick

Sattoday/LAH
  • Tai Shi
    • Oct 2014

In the Book Mind of Clover, highly suggested reading for Jukai. Beautify read. Every page taught
    me so much about the vows I was undertaking. I keep a copy next to my computer and I have the Kindle version. This is not necessarily holy but the path it outlines is long and demanding. I’m just beginning to understand th path I’ve chosen. Undertaking the Precepts
    Gassho
    sat/ lah
    Tai Shi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

• Jundo
      Treeleaf Founder and Priest
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Tai Shi
      In the Book Mind of Clover, highly suggested reading for Jukai. Beautify read. Every page taught
      me so much about the vows I was undertaking. I keep a copy next to my computer and I have the Kindle version. This is not necessarily holy but the path it outlines is long and demanding. I’m just beginning to understand th path I’ve chosen. Undertaking the Precepts
      Gassho
      sat/ lah
      Tai Shi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Oh, the wording is a bit otherwise here, although the words are not so vital as the meaning that each person comes to know in their hearts.

You will find discussion of the Precepts for our upcoming Jukai here:

The complete list from our Ceremony, however, is as follows, the Sixteen Bodhisattva Precepts:

The Three Devotions

Respectful devotion to Buddha, Respectful devotion to Dharma, Respectful devotion to Sangha.

Devotion to Buddha, the Guiding One; Devotion to Dharma, the Reality & Teaching; Devotion to Sangha, the Embracing Community.

Sincere devotion to Buddha, Sincere devotion to Dharma, Sincere devotion to Sangha.

The Three Pure & Universal Precepts

No.1: To seek as you can, in this body and life, to avoid doing harm

No.2: To seek as you can, in this body and life, to live in a healthful and helping way, doing good

No.3: To seek as you can, in this body and life, to live for the benefit of all Sentient Beings

The Ten Fundamental Precepts

I. To seek as you can, in this body and life, to refrain from the killing of life

II. To seek as you can, in this body and life, to live in generosity and refrain from taking that which is not given

III. To seek as you can, in this body and life, to refrain from misusing sexuality and all desire

IV. To seek as you can, in this body and life, to refrain from false and malicious speech

V. To seek as you can, in this body and life, to refrain from intoxication in its many forms

VI. To seek as you can, in this body and life, to refrain from unconstructively criticizing the errors and faults of others

VII. To seek as you can, in this body and life, to refrain from praising oneself and judging others

VIII. To seek as you can, in this body and life, to refrain from stinginess in bestowing the Buddhist Teachings and all precious things

IX. To seek as you can, in this body and life, to refrain from all anger

X. To seek as you can, in this body and life, to refrain from disparaging the Three Treasures, Buddha, Dharma, Sangha

Gassho, J
      STLah
      ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Tai Shi
        • Oct 2014

To refrain from praising oneself and judging others! Please dears Sangha excuse me? I sometimes do not believe in myself!
        Gassho
        sat
        Tai Shi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

Working...