X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zenphxaz
    • Dec 2016

Residential Sesshin Suggestions?

Hi Treeleaf Sangha,

Although COVID is in full force, I’m starting to make some rough travel planning for 2021 and wanted to include a residential Sesshin. I am based in the US. Does anyone have suggestions for a place that might be similar or at least sympathetic to the “Just Sitting” style of practice? I know about Okumura Roshi’s Temple, but I’m not sure I’m quite ready to let go of all the Sesshin “toys”.

I ran long, and apologize for that.

SatToday,

Ian
  • Jundo
    Treeleaf Founder and Priest
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by zenphxaz
    Hi Treeleaf Sangha,

Although COVID is in full force, I’m starting to make some rough travel planning for 2021 and wanted to include a residential Sesshin. I am based in the US. Does anyone have suggestions for a place that might be similar or at least sympathetic to the “Just Sitting” style of practice? I know about Okumura Roshi’s Temple, but I’m not sure I’m quite ready to let go of all the Sesshin “toys”.

I ran long, and apologize for that.

SatToday,

Ian
    I have not heard of many places that are yet fully open for Sesshin, and many are undecided about next year.

I would contact Tassajara, affiliated with the San Francisco Zen Center. Zen Mountain Monastery will be recommended (theirs is a mixed Soto-RInzai approach). Also, look at Ryumonji ...

Shoken Winecoff Roshi Rev. Shoken WinecoffPhoto: John Taiyu Robertson is founding teacher and abbot of Ryumonji Zen Monastery. He is a Dharma Heir of the late Dainin Katagiri Roshi, founder of the Minnesota Zen Meditation Center. Rev.

If I think or hear of more, I will let you know.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

Working...