Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jakuden
    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Anna
    My Buddha statue is a head of the Buddha made from the finest plastic known to humans and was sought long and hard for via the shelves of a reputable company known as the Reject Shop (no bullshit that's it's name). I believe it was delicately produced by artisans in a Chinese factory along with very few million others haha. I am in the process of making a home altar which will have on it my exclusive plastic Buddha head, a stone my father carried on him daily that he would rub when he felt anxious. It will also have his watch that was given to me when he fell off the perch, a photo of my partner's brother and his family, a photo of my partner and I, and a heart shaped stone that my partner found in the paddock and gave me yesterday. I've no doubt that my altar will not last long with 2 of our 4 cats who see destruction as great play therapy haha but hey...

Gassho
    Anna

Sat today/lent a hand
    LOL Anna! Yes my Buddha is the finest mass-produced Walmart Glazed Ceramic out there. But my daughter bought it for me so it's absolutely perfect.

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Comment

• Seishin
      • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Shinshi
      Close to a year after I bought I finished sitting and then bowed to the Buddha - and noticed something I hadn't seen before. I looked and thought, wait a minute, his hands are wrong side on top. The Right hand was on the top not the Left!
      Well whadda know. Like you Shinshi I looked high and low for a Shakyamuni statue with hands in the cosmic mudra and its been sitting on my altar for around 18 months. Reading you post, I turned to see its is also a southpaw !

Sat / lah

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
      Shin - Heart

Comment

• Jundo
        Treeleaf Founder and Priest
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Seishin
        Well whadda know. Like you Shinshi I looked high and low for a Shakyamuni statue with hands in the cosmic mudra and its been sitting on my altar for around 18 months. Reading you post, I turned to see its is also a southpaw !

Sat / lah
        Buddha is that which transcends "left" and "right." Left and right are relative positions to the self. Dropping the self, in Wholness, just drop left and right. Then the "wrong" hands are just Right!

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
        ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Seishin
          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Jundo
          Buddha is that which transcends "left" and "right." Left and right are relative positions to the self. Dropping the self, in Wholness, just drop left and right. Then the "wrong" hands are just Right!

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
          Deep bows. East is east and west is west. While west is east and east is west. Such is north and south and south and north. What is right is left and left is right. All is one bright pearl that is reflected in a single dew drop and the whole universe is manifest.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
          Shin - Heart

Comment

Working...