Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geika
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Jan 2010

Every time I have had doubt, it was because I was seeking something more interesting. I always come back to this because it stresses that wanting things to get interesting is just part of regular human grasping. It will always be true. So every time I have strayed, I always come back because after getting to the core of things, it seems that there is no where else to go.

Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Comment

• Jishin
      • Oct 2012

Living with Uncertainty and Hardship

The other side of the fence is always greener. I think it has something to do with that insatiable thirst that humans have. I think it’s okay to look for a better situation as long as you know a perfect situation is not to be found. The looking itself then becomes fun.

Gasho, Jishin, _/st\_
      Last edited by Jishin; 12-07-2018, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Anka
        • Mar 2017

Shokai, Geika, Jishin,

To me you have all said the same thing in slightly different ways. Like hitting the nail with a different type of hammer. Each hit home albeit in a slightly different manner. That drive for the new and interesting. The stories we tell ourselves of how this new thing will be somehow better.

I feel like this has to be a common issue especially for us western practitioners. We found Zen because we were searching for something more. Or it caught our interest because it was different. This grass is greener drive helped us find Zen.

James F
        Sat

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Mp

Originally posted by Jishin
          The other side of the fence is always greener. I think it has something to do with that insatiable thirst that humans have. I think it’s okay to look for a better situation as long as you know a perfect situation is not to be found. The looking itself then becomes fun.

Gasho, Jishin, _/st\_
          The grass is no greener on the side, as it is the same grass. The fence is the obstacle within our own minds. =)

Gassho
          Shingen

Sat/LAH

Comment

• Jishin
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Shingen
            The grass is no greener on the side, as it is the same grass. The fence is the obstacle within our own minds. =)

Gassho
            Shingen

Sat/LAH
            Sounds like a paraphrase of that book “the Gateless Gate”. [emoji12]

Gasho, Jishin, _/st\_

Comment

• Mp

Originally posted by Jishin
              Sounds like a paraphrase of that book “the Gateless Gate”. [emoji12]

Gasho, Jishin, _/st\_
              I think you are right. =)

Gassho
              Shingen

Sat/LAH

Comment

Working...