Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Al
    • May 2007

Re: Jukai Ceremony Thoughts?

I'll also be taking the precepts with Jundo and the rest of you fine folks. I've been practicing for a little over 2 years and I just feel that I'm ready to make a formal commitment. I'm also excited about participating in a new form of this ancient ceremony. Online Jukai is awesome crazy web Dharma, and I like that.
    Gassho _/\_

brokenpine.tumblr.com

Comment

• TracyF
      • Nov 2007

Great posts in this thread.

To me, the Jukai symbolizes a commitment to practice in every aspect of our lives. It's not a submission to commandments or god's will. It's not even a promise (IMO). A commitment forever? Maybe, maybe not. A commitment to give it a good effort. Yep. The precepts themselves are simple common sense for trying to act in a thoughtful manner. Nothing different than what my Mama taught me.

Comment

• Gregor
        • Apr 2007

Well, I'll being taking Jukai with the Sangha.

I've been a bit of stranger lately and have not been very focused on walking a Buddhist path. But, the time has really come for me to return to this practice and to study the precepts, and make a commitment to them. I care deeply about this Sangha and the people involved with it and cannot think of a better place for me to do this.

Although the precepts are simple things, they are a challenge and I do believe it takes considerable effort to mind them. Study and reflection are just what I need right now to help me focus and find my center. I'm looking forward to getting back to practice and glad to have you all right by my side.

take care,

Greg
        Jukai '09 Dharma Name: Shinko 慎重(Prudent Calm)

Comment

• Justin
          • Jul 2007

Hey everyone,

Like Gregor, I've been a bit of a stranger lately. This is something of a reboot of my practice. Beginner's mind.

I intend to be here (and nowhere else!) for jukai.

Gassho

Comment

• Longdog
            • Nov 2007

I too am intending to take Jukai, although famly life and the jukai retreat will be a bit of difficulty it's one I hope to over come. Anyway I'm buying the book, getting on with it and if things get in the way ( be it mebeam/baby or whatever) I'm still doing it in my heart and to me that's what counts.

In gassho to you all, Kev
            [url:x8wstd0h]http://moder-dye.blogspot.com/[/url:x8wstd0h]

Comment

Working...