X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitka
    • May 2017

Originally posted by Jundo
    Footnote ...

Someone pointed out to me that there are more bacteria cells in and on one than body cells, and they participate in a very real way in one's health and existence.
    Read a book about this not too long ago: I Contain Multitudes by Ed Young: https://www.amazon.com/Contain-Multi.../dp/0062368591. Not only do the microbes that live within us help us digest food and fight infection, they actually shape our behavior and share some of their genetic traits with their hosts, splicing some of their genes into our genome and giving us their genetic traits. So we really can't say that we are humans that happen to host colonies of microbes that are distinct from us; we are the microbes that live inside of us and the microbes are us!

My microbes are now telling me to sit zazen before I go to bed.

Gassho.

Matthew
    SAT
    Last edited by Mitka; 04-30-2018, 12:39 AM.
    Peace begins inside

Comment

• Billy
      • Apr 2017

I read that book and it was great. We owe our lives to our little companions, without them it would be difficult to continue.

Sat/lah
      Billy

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Joyo

This is fascinating! Thank you for sharing, Jundo.

Gassho,
        Joyo
        sat today/lah

Comment

• Washin
          Treeleaf Unsui
          • Dec 2014

Wonderful! Thank you, Jundo.
          So much to reflect on..

Gassho
          Washin
          sattoday
          Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
          Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
          ----
          I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
          and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Comment

• Doshin
            • May 2015

Doshin
            St

Comment

• Sekishi
              Treeleaf Priest
              • Apr 2013

Lovely. Thank you Jundo and dear Sangha.

Nine bows,
              Sekishi #sat
              Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Comment

• Kyonin
                Treeleaf Priest / Engineer
                • Oct 2010

Hi Jundo,

Thank you for this teaching. Looking deep within us there are countless universes. Looking deep outside us there are countless universes. Which one is bigger? Which one is more important?

I think the are all big, important and non-big and non-important. But yes indeed, we are home.

Gassho,

Kyonin
                Sat/LAH
                Hondō Kyōnin
                奔道 協忍

Comment

• Jundo
                  Treeleaf Founder and Priest
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Kyonin
                  Hi Jundo,

Thank you for this teaching. Looking deep within us there are countless universes. Looking deep outside us there are countless universes. Which one is bigger? Which one is more important?

I think the are all big, important and non-big and non-important. But yes indeed, we are home.

Gassho,

Kyonin
                  Sat/LAH
                  A scientist friend is fascinated by fractals ... and if we look down to the small or up to the large one finds fractals.

But, not only that, one finds fractals within fractals withing fractals ... on and on ... (I usually don't post videos like this, but this is nice ... )

Fractals can be found everywhere in our universe and are used to generate the procedural game No Man's Sky.To find out more about fractals or participate in ...

Now, that being said ... let us just chop wood from the fractal trees, and fetch water from the fractal rivers.

Gassho, J

StTodayLAH
                  ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Mp

Originally posted by Jundo
                    Now, that being said ... let us just chop wood from the fractal trees, and fetch water from the fractal rivers. [emoji14]
                    =)

Gassho
                    Shingen

Sat/LAH

Comment

• Sekiyuu
                      • Apr 2018

Uh oh... you posted a video mentioning videogames AND procedural generation... I wrote a chapter in a book about that:
                      Making a game can be an intensive process, and if not planned accurately can easily run over budget. The use of procedural generation in game design can help with the intricate and multifarious aspects of game development; thus facilitating cost reduction. This form of development enables games to create their play areas, objects and stories based on a set of rules, rather than relying on the developer to handcraft each element individually. Readers will learn to create randomized maps, weave ac

Here's ANOTHER game about precisely this topic of universes within and without:

Comment

Working...