X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arboladuraronir583
    • Jan 2018

In need of Zafu

Hi All,

I am new to Treeleaf and I have posted already my message as a newcomer(please read if you are interested or not interested)

I just want to inquire, on how to acquire zafu. I am from Cebu, Philippines and I find it so hard to purchase zafu. The one that I am using for 2 years now, is just a block foam of which I have acquired from my neighbor who have just thrown away it as their sleeping bed.

It had help me a lot actually, but I am really interested to buy or have this zafu.

Please provide a suggested or help.

Thank you
  • Jundo
    Treeleaf Founder and Priest
    • Apr 2006

Hi Ronin,

We have a few "how to pick a Zafu" threads, including how to make one or ask someone good at sewing to make one ...

Hey everybody, I used to have a couple of meditation cushions but when we moved a few years ago they got left in the garage and the cats adopted them. Despite the fact that you can unzip the cover and wash them someone who shall remain nameless decided that they were garbage and disposed of them. This is about $200 worth of

... and how to make a pretty good "Zafu" from blankets ...

Hi all, I just recently learned from a friend of mine, how to fold a cushion from a blanket. We've been a day/night fishing. Early morning, he saw me folding my blanket to sit and said something like: "If you need to do that hocus-pocus, you should at least sit on an acceptable cushion". I've made a short phone

They are also available online. If you have one made, however, you can adjust the height and the hardness/density of stuffing to suit your body and height.

Gassho, J

SatTodayLAH
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• arboladuraronir583
      • Jan 2018

Thanks GAssho, very much appreciated.

Comment

• Byokan
        Treeleaf Unsui
        • Apr 2014

Hi Ronir,

Brother Kokuu has a nice tutorial on sewing a zafu on his blog:

Good instructions for making your own zafu (meditation cushion) can be found here.  Personally I find that 12″ diameter top and bottom works well combined with a 6″ x 58″ band in …

Sewing can be a wonderful practice, and save you some money too!

Gassho
        Byōkan
        sat + lah
        Last edited by Byokan; 01-17-2018, 03:10 AM.
        展道 渺寛 Tendō Byōkan
        Please take my words with a big grain of salt. I know nothing. Wisdom is only found in our whole-hearted practice together.

Comment

• arboladuraronir583
          • Jan 2018

Thanks Byokan, I would start to read and apply the instruction. I am excited already

Comment

• Getchi
            • May 2015

Can I buy your old zafu? I have a collection of them.

Geoff.

SAT2Day. / LaH

Gssho,

Geoff.
            Nothing to do? Why not Sit?

Comment

• Seishin
              • Aug 2016

Originally posted by arboladuraronir583
              Hi All,

I am new to Treeleaf and I have posted already my message as a newcomer(please read if you are interested or not interested)

I just want to inquire, on how to acquire zafu. I am from Cebu, Philippines and I find it so hard to purchase zafu. The one that I am using for 2 years now, is just a block foam of which I have acquired from my neighbor who have just thrown away it as their sleeping bed.

It had help me a lot actually, but I am really interested to buy or have this zafu.

Please provide a suggested or help.

Thank you
              I bought one here https://www.leewadee.co.uk/meditatio...587600551.html about 18 months ago, replacing the one I'd had for around 15 years. No problems to report but although they do not list the Philippines on their International Delivery list, you can contact them to see if they will make special arrangements. See note re Other Addresses https://www.leewadee.co.uk/shipping/

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
              Shin - Heart

Comment

• Mp

If anyone is in Canada and needa a zafu or zabuton, this place is great. =)

Gassho
                Shingen

Sat/LAH

Comment

Working...