• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jundo
    Treeleaf Founder and Priest
    • Apr 2006

Thank You to our Forum Update Team

Dear All,

I would like to formally thank our Forum update team, including Sekishi, Koushi, Kotei and others behind the scenes (please let me know if I fail to mention someone.) Not only was this a project months in preparation, followed by weeks and long days of test runs, but last minute surprises and twists led to a very, very long weekend and much missed sleep for our engine room crew. What is more, there are still the odd tunings needed, and they are still hard at work:

Hi everyone, Please use this thread to report bugs, broken features, or other help requests that pertain to the forum upgrade. We'll track the issues here and let you know when something's fixed or resolved all in this thread to keep things tidy. Gassho, Koushi --- Issue Tracker New Issues Issue Title: Users with

The result is lovely, even if it will take a few days to figure out some of the new buttons on the spaceship control panel.

Everything that was here before seems to still be here, and many new little neat aspects.

I am reminded that, although our temple is made of electricity and light, it must have been the same in the old days when time came for a major rebuild, relocation or new additions to the old monasteries. Eiheiji and the other great places did not start off the size, shape or even exactly location they are now. That all came over time. They are the product of carpenters and artists, land clearers and tree cutters, roofers and gardeners. I imagine that monks of old also spent the first few days in their new place peaking into rooms and a bit lost in the maze. Soon, however, it will be home.

Thank you again. Many of the benefits to this new Forum are hidden, in software and security patches that are not so obvious. This was more than a cosmetic change and, while all things are constant change in the universe, some changes are necessary and helpful.

Thank you again.

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 05-13-2024, 02:20 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE
  • Washin
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Dec 2014

Great job! I am still figuring out some of the new features while already enjoying the new format.
    Lovely Thank you everyone

Gassho
    Washin
    st/lah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Comment

• Huichan
      • Jan 2022

Thanks everyone

慧禅
      stlah
      慧禅 | Huìchán | Ross

Comment

• Bion
        Treeleaf Unsui
        • Aug 2020

This is certainly a step forward for us. The changes the new design and functionality bring have many benefits and can help us keep things way cleaner and more organized around here. Now, instead of flooding a particular thread with "gassho" as a response, we can simply react with a gassho emoji, not different from reactions as we know them from social media. That means we can keep important information visible while still expressing gratitude, for example. The new "Comment" button means that a particular reply to a post can be addressed, and that can become a threaded conversation, while the "Quote" button functions as it always has. I think the "Mention" function is still glitchy, but theoretically, one could "mention" someone by simply @-ing them, like so: Jundo This functionality might not be entirely there for now!
        It will maybe take some time to adjust to the new look and it is especially difficult for those of us who have always used Tapatalk, but the benefits of this change are absolutely worth the little bit of effort.

Thank you to our engineers!

gassho
        sat and lah
        "Stepping back with open hands, is thoroughly comprehending life and death. Immediately you can sparkle and respond to the world." - Hongzhi

Comment

• Kaitan
          • Mar 2023

Again, thank you for taking care of this forum!

Originally posted by Bion
          This is certainly a step forward for us. The changes the new design and functionality bring have many benefits and can help us keep things way cleaner and more organized around here. Now, instead of flooding a particular thread with "gassho" as a response, we can simply react with a gassho emoji, not different from reactions as we know them from social media. That means we can keep important information visible while still expressing gratitude, for example. The new "Comment" button means that a particular reply to a post can be addressed, and that can become a threaded conversation, while the "Quote" button functions as it always has. I think the "Mention" function is still glitchy, but theoretically, one could "mention" someone by simply @-ing them, like so: Jundo This functionality might not be entirely there for now!
          It will maybe take some time to adjust to the new look and it is especially difficult for those of us who have always used Tapatalk, but the benefits of this change are absolutely worth the little bit of effort.

Thank you to our engineers!

gassho
          sat and lah
          It says I don't have permission to react with 'Gassho'

Gasshō

stlah, Kaitan
          Kaitan - 界探 - Realm searcher
          Formerly known as "Bernal"

Comment

• Kotei
            Kotei commented
            Editing a comment
            I can reproduce it, but have not yet a solution.
            I believe there is a way to make it work with setting the permission system accordingly.
            It is added to our issue tracker, we'll have a look at it.
            Thank you!
            Gassho,
            Kotei sat/lah today.

• Kotei
            Kotei commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello again,
            I think I tweaked the settings successfully.
            So you should be able to react with a Gassho now.
            I hope this general ability to click on the Gassho reaction reduces the high number of "thank you, Gassho" replies, we've often had and which burried the original post under them.
            Gassho,
            Kotei sat/lah today.

• Kaitan
            Kaitan commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome, it is working now. Thanks Kotei

Gasshō

stlah, Kaitan
        • Houzan
          • Dec 2022

Thank you, all!

Gassho, Hozan
          Satlah

Comment

• Alina
            • Jul 2023

The new forum looks great, thank you everyone who made this possible!
            Adding the "gassho emoji" as a reaction is a great idea

Gassho
            Alina
            stlah

Comment

• Kokuu
              Treeleaf Priest
              • Nov 2012

Thank you to all of our tech wizards for this upgrade. Looks good!

Gassho
              Kokuu
              -sattoday/lah-

Comment

Thank you everyone who worked on the forum update. It looks good and is easier to navigate than before.

Gassho,
                Daiman
                st/lah

Comment

• Chikyou
                  • May 2022

This is awesome! I love the "gassho" react!

I did have trouble accessing the forum via chrome on my android tablet yesterday - I would enter my username and password and click "login" but nothing happened, as if the link was dead. I tried clearing the browser cache to no avail. I finally just downloaded edge on my tablet (the tablet was the last place I wasn't using edge already) and had no issues (that didn't involve forgotten Microsoft and Google passwords LOL) with edge browser on the forum.

Gassho,
                  SatLah
                  Chikyō
                  Chikyō 知鏡
                  (KellyLM)

Comment

• RobO
                    • Jul 2023

It is a beautiful upgrade. The threaded replies, auto save, and gassho are fantastic.

Thank you.

Gassho,
                    Rob
                    St/lah

Comment

• Choboku
                      • Sep 2017

Excellent work, everyone. It looks great!

Gassho,
                      Choboku
                      Sat today/lent a hand

Comment

• AbokinDuka
                        • Jan 2024

Awesome work! Thanks so much, it looks great!

Gassho, G

Comment

• Dainin
                          • Sep 2007

Although I just returned to Treeleaf and am still getting used to the new look and feel, the place looks great. Thank you forum update team. Your time, commitment, and expertise are appreciated.

Gassho, Dainin

stlah

Comment

• Onki
                            Treeleaf Unsui
                            • Dec 2020

Many, many thanks for the forum update and for everyone that helps keep this forum running. I am so grateful to be part of such a wonderful Sangha.

Gasshō,

On

Sat today/LAH
                            “Let me respectfully remind you
                            Life and death are of supreme importance.
                            Time swiftly passes by
                            And opportunity ist lost.
                            Each of us should strive to awaken.
                            Awaken, take heed,
                            Do not squander your life.​“ - Life and Death and The Great Matter

Comment

Working...