• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jundo
    Treeleaf Founder and Priest
    • Apr 2006

Movie Review: Not One, Not Two

Movie Fans,

Tricycle has a Korean film up this month, free for subscribers: Not One, Not Two.

Here is my review:

Guy with a mysterious illness, possibly in his head, turns to Zazen in response, to the point of obsession, isolation and madness.

His girl friend, an artist, becomes so obsessed about her art that she is blocked for most of the film, to the point of madness.

My conclusion is that becoming that obsessed about anything, even art or Zazen, is not good.

End of review.

Not One and Not Two illustrates an intersecting story of Young-mok, ill with an unknown disease, and his artist girlfriend Seon-hwa. The story follows Young-mok’s intense Zen practice as he attempts to reach enlightenment before his death, and Seon-hwa’s latest art project and her frantic search for inspiration. Oscillating between the two narratives, the film poses the question: while individuals are not the same, are they not so different, either?

Gassho, Jundo

stlah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE
  • Jenny A
    • Mar 2024

Well, I was going to watch that. Seems like maybe you have saved me the trouble, Jundo!

Gassho,
    jenny
    stlah

Comment

• Jundo
      Treeleaf Founder and Priest
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Jenny A
      Well, I was going to watch that. Seems like maybe you have saved me the trouble, Jundo!

Gassho,
      jenny
      stlah
      Sorry if I spoiled it. Please use the 110 minutes I just saved you to sit Zazen.

Gassho, J

stlah
      ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Jenny A
        • Mar 2024

I will!

Gassho,
        jenny
        stlah

Comment

• DGF
          • Feb 2022

Thats a very clear Review, Jundo.
          Thank you for saving the Time(our no Time)

Gassho
          Diana
          Satlah

Comment

Working...