[FutureBuddha] Time for a Zen Moon Shot (2)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jundo
    Treeleaf Founder and Priest
    • Apr 2006

[FutureBuddha] Time for a Zen Moon Shot (2)

2nd in a Series:

To save the suffering sentient beings we have utterly failed to save, it is time for ...

A ZEN MOON SHOT!

Traditional means rescued me, I hope you, and certainly so many generations of millions of Buddhists ... but what of the BILLIONS and BILLIONS of this world's suffering beings we have thoroughly failed to reach? We have broken our vows so far.

Thus, it is time to add to our meditation and twirling beads, looking toward the Zen of the 22nd Century, respecting the past but not trapped in a museum of the 12th Century.

The old methods are powerful methods, they are to be cherished, kept and nourished, but they reach relatively few, failing to liberate the hearts of most. It is time to begin exploration of technology and the laboratory, medicine, biology, engineering, nanotech, genetics and coming advances in neuro-science, all in extension ... never replacement ... of our ancient Buddhist teachings and wonderful Zen practices.

Please take a moment to hear why ...

Gassho, J

stlah
    Last edited by Jundo; 04-21-2024, 01:41 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE
  • Houzan
    • Dec 2022

Thank you, Jundo [emoji120]

Gassho, Michael
    Satlah

Comment

• Myosho
      • May 2020

Gassho
      Myosho
      SatLah

Comment

• Shokai
        Treeleaf Priest
        • Mar 2009

Can I ask that you take my ashes with you on your first trip to the moon.
        It may be my only way to enlightenment

gassho, Shokai
        stlah
        合掌,生開
        gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Bion
          Treeleaf Unsui
          • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Shokai
          Can I ask that you take my ashes with you on your first trip to the moon.
          It may be my only way to enlightenment

gassho, Shokai
          stlah
          Shokaaaaaai no! Better to head to the zafu than to the crematorium.. REMAIN WITH US

Gassho
          Sat and lah
          "Stepping back with open hands, is thoroughly comprehending life and death. Immediately you can sparkle and respond to the world." - Hongzhi

Comment

• Jundo
            Treeleaf Founder and Priest
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Bion
            Shokaaaaaai no! Better to head to the zafu than to the crematorium.. REMAIN WITH US

Gassho
            Sat and lah
            No need to go all the way there ...

When a person attains realization, it is like the moon’s reflection in water. The moon never becomes wet; the water is never disturbed. Although the moon is a vast and great light, it is reflected in a drop of water. The whole moon and even the whole sky are reflected in a drop of dew on a blade of grass. Realization does not destroy the person, as the moon does not make a hole in the water. The person does not obstruct realization, as a drop of dew does not obstruct the moon in the sky. The depth is the same as the height. [Genjo Koan]

Gassho, J

stlah
            ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

Working...