X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jundo
    Treeleaf Founder and Priest
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Budo-Dan
    I've been sitting more this week than I normally would in a month. One thing that seems not to have changed is the impatience that arises from time to time. Earlier today for example, I had a very peaceful sitting session that seemed to flyby, but latter on when I sat in the evening, it just dragged on and on. Its encouraging to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Thank you
    Gassho
    Dan
    sat2day
    The "little self" does not like to be told to just sit, don't get lost in thought. It is not entertaining to the "little self,". which enjoys flipping constantly from noisy channel to noisy channel of life. That is why Netflix makes so much money.

Zazen does not need a remote control.

Gassho, J

SatTodayLAH
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Budo-Dan
      • Jun 2017

Thank you Jundo!

Gassho
      Dan
      sat2day

Comment

• Hutch
        • Aug 2017

"Effortless effort" what a lovely concept. Lately I have been allowing myself to get frustrated... I teach mindfulness meditation at an addiction recovery center in my neighborhood. Some days the center is full of people, and only one person will go to my class, even though I make myself noticeable when announcing that we're about to start. My heart knows that, as the Kabbalah teaches, saving one person is saving a whole world. (And it is always possible that the one person in my classroom will give up next week.) But I want to shake people and yell sometimes... which I do not do. It's a small struggle within my own heart which none of my students will ever see. And perhaps it is good that the others--the non-attenders do not see the ache in my heart for them, who will not reach out and grab this magnificent source of healing and wholeness.

Ah, well... back to the cushion for me. The only one that I can be responsible for is myself--whoever that is.

Thank you for your valuable talk, Jundo.

Gassho,

Hutch

Comment

• Suuko
          • May 2017

Originally posted by Hutch

Ah, well... back to the cushion for me. The only one that I can be responsible for is myself--whoever that is.
          Gassho,

Hutch
          Well, others and you are not two but one.

Gassho,
          Geerish.
          ST.
          Has been known as Guish since 2017 on the forum here.

Comment

• Teiro
            • Jan 2018

Thank you Jundo. Drop the resistance - it‘s quite hard for me. There are times I am completely convinced that I don‘t resist. But alas! There‘s still resistance, I‘m just not aware of it...

Gassho
            Teiro

sat/lah
            Teiro

Comment

• BriJolieG
              • Nov 2020

Jundo,

Thank you for this teaching. This is something I've struggled with. I think to stop resisting also involves self discipline, which is what we are learning by sitting every day and studying these teachings. Especially, right now during the pandemic where I've been working from home and not taking the best care of my body for example.

Gassho,
              Sat Today
              Brianna

Comment

• Luke108
                • Nov 2018

Thank you

Sat Today

Comment

Working...