• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kokuu
    Treeleaf Priest
    • Nov 2012

[ARTS] Tricycle Event with Zen poet Jane Hirshfield

Dear all

This month there will be a conversation with poet and long-time Zen student, Jane Hirshfield, about her new poetry collection, The Asking, and the intersection of Zen and creativity.

It costs $10 and will take place at 5pm ET on Tuesday September 26.

Join us on September 26 for a poetry reading and discussion with Jane Hirshfield about her new body of work.

A Soto Zen practitioner of nearly 50 years, Hirshfield, who received her lay ordination in the lineage of Suzuki Roshi, writes poems that provide a space for reflection and awakening. In her forthcoming collection, The Asking: New and Selected Poems, she investigates the world in a time of algorithms, AI, and climate crisis, probing the contradictions that shape our existence and bearing witness to the beauty within impermanence.

In conversation with Tricycle’s Editor-in-Chief James Shaheen, she will share poems from her new collection, offer insights at the intersection of Buddhist practice and creative process, explore her upbringing and inspirations, and consider how we can live with greater courage, curiosity, and kinship with all of life.
    Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-
    Last edited by Jundo; 09-10-2023, 12:17 AM.
  • Seikan
    • Apr 2020

Wow. I've been a fan of Jane's work for years. This sounds like a lovely opportunity Kokuu.

Do you happen to know if the event will be recorded for viewing later? That time might be difficult for me to attend live.

Gassho,
    Seikan

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

Comment

• Kokuu
      Treeleaf Priest
      • Nov 2012

Wow. I've been a fan of Jane's work for years. This sounds like a lovely opportunity Kokuu.

Do you happen to know if the event will be recorded for viewing later? That time might be difficult for me to attend live.
      Me too!

It doesn't say if it will available after but it is worth asking.

Gassho
      Kokuu
      -sattoday-

Comment

Working...