X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bion
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Aug 2020

[ARTS] Now and Then - The last Beatles song

Well, this is a special one! Thanks to Geika for this, as she is the one who brought this to my attention.

After decades of having it unfinished, the Beatles have released Now and Then, a brand new original song and all of them are playing on it, which is a wonder of modern technology. As you'll see in the little documentary, they had to wait decades for the technology to be available to restore an old John Lennon demo tape and separate the vocal from the piano track. It goes to show, master Dogen's ideas of time were spot on. Lennon sang in the 70s, the tapes were received by the other Beatles in the nineties, the song saw its start in 95, George recorded a guitar back then, and in 2022 the remaining Beatles finished everything. But, on this marvelous track released in 2023, they are together, beyond space and time, beyond death and life. I hope everyone enjoys listening to this beautiful song. I for one, am in awe

Forgive me for rambling a bit here

gassho
    sat and lah
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-02-2023, 11:03 PM.
    "Stepping back with open hands, is thoroughly comprehending life and death. Immediately you can sparkle and respond to the world." - Hongzhi
  • Shinshi
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Jul 2010

Finally AI was good for something!

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Comment

• Nengei
      • Dec 2016

Kids these days, with their hair, and their music... GET OFF MY LAWN.

Gassho,
      Nengei
      Sat today. LAH.
      遜道念芸 Sondō Nengei (he/him)

Please excuse any indication that I am trying to teach anything. I am a priest in training and have no qualifications or credentials to teach Zen practice or the Dharma.

Comment

• Geika
        Treeleaf Unsui
        • Jan 2010

Thank you for posting, Bion!

stlah
        求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
        I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Comment

• Naiko
          • Aug 2019

Thank you for sharing this. How poignant and aptly named.
          Gassho,
          Naiko
          st lah

Comment

Working...