X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seiga
    • Nov 2019

Gasshō,
    dear Friends,

as for the house altar: this is part of my setup that I put together during the corona pandemic.

Gasshō,
    Seiga
    stlah

Comment

• Jundo
      Treeleaf Founder and Priest
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Seiga
      as for the house altar: this is part of my setup that I put together during the corona pandemic.

Gasshō,
      Seiga
      stlah
      Lovely.

The calligraphy on the left says "Namu (Hail) Shakyamuni Butsu (Buddha)."

The picture on the right features Shakyamuni Buddha, with Master Keizan on the left and Master Dogen on the right, the two traditional founders of Soto Zen in Japan.

Gassho, J

stlah
      ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• mdonnoe
        • Feb 2024

I tried to download the Treeleaf Chant book (linked from the first entry here on page one), and it says it's "in the owner's trash" on Google drive. Is another copy available elsewhere?

Gassho,
        Michael
        Sat/Lah

Comment

• Kotei
          Treeleaf Unsui
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by mdonnoe
          I tried to download the Treeleaf Chant book (linked from the first entry here on page one), and it says it's "in the owner's trash" on Google drive. Is another copy available elsewhere?
          Thank you Michael,
          I updated the link to the most recent Chant book, which is this one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dAL...nWIgpLJTz/view

Gassho,
          Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
          Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Comment

• PaulH
            • Apr 2023

A quick question - is there probably any short lay ceremony for deceased domestic animals? A cat of my friend died today and I wanted to do something for her...

Gassho
            Paul
            Sat today & Lent a hand

Comment

• Jundo
              Treeleaf Founder and Priest
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by PaulH
              A quick question - is there probably any short lay ceremony for deceased domestic animals? A cat of my friend died today and I wanted to do something for her...

Gassho
              Paul
              Sat today & Lent a hand
              The Heart Sutra, followed by some hearffelt words in dedication for you, is all that is needed.

Awhile back, a woman and her husband knocked on our door, very upset. They had hit and killed a cat which, I soon recognized, was our neighbor's cat. All were distraught. I offered to chant the Heart Sutra ... lit some incense ... and brought a little peace to all. The cat was already at peace.

The Heart Sutra has amazing power. You can use our version if you wish ...

The following is our Ceremony for the WEEKLY (90-minute) and MONTHLY (4 hour) ZAZENKAI: You can also download our Chant Book for Weekly and Monthly Zazenkai as a PDF ... LINK FOR CHANT BOOK DOWNLOAD (PDF) (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dALXODBGWE1xLVXyE0oCADtnWIgpLJTz/view) Please download, print and treat respectfully,

Gassho, J

stlah
              ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

Working...