• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Byokan
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Apr 2014

[Engaged] Evaluating charities

Hi All,

Charity Navigator has a useful website to help you find out about a charity's financial health, accountability, and transparency:

Use Charity Navigator's ratings and resources to find and support highly rated charities that align with your passions and values. Whether you're looking to give toward international relief, the environment, animal welfare, or something else, we empower you to donate and volunteer with confidence.

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today
    展道 渺寛 Tendō Byōkan
    Please take my words with a big grain of salt. I know nothing. Wisdom is only found in our whole-hearted practice together.
  • Jundo
    Treeleaf Founder and Priest
    • Apr 2006

Thank you Lisa. It, and some other resources, are listed in our "Read This Before Donating" FAQ in this thread for charities.

Hi, Although we do not and cannot endorse or vouch for any particular charities, this space is for Sangha members to mention CHARITIES, VOLUNTEER ORGANIZATIONS AND FUND RAISING DRIVES, local, national and international, that they think are worth noting and which could use help. If there is some cause or group that you

Folks should be informed and act with their eyes open.

Gassho, Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Byokan
      Treeleaf Unsui
      • Apr 2014

Ah! Thank you Jundo, yes.

Perhaps I will also repost this whole thread in the "Hey Read That Sticky Thread Before You Start A Whole Nother Thread" thread.

More coffee.

Gassho
      Lisa
      sat today
      展道 渺寛 Tendō Byōkan
      Please take my words with a big grain of salt. I know nothing. Wisdom is only found in our whole-hearted practice together.

Comment

• Ishin
        • Jul 2013

I am glad you posted it anyway.

Gassho
        Ishin

Sat Today
        Grateful for your practice

Comment

Working...