• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jika
    • Jun 2014

[Engaged] Fighting Ebola in Sierra Leone

Dear All,

please consider to read this, it is at least an interesting read I think:

Among the problems countries like Sierra Leone face in the battle against Ebola, two strike the American mind as all but incomprehensible: 1.) the widespread skepticism that the disease actually exists and 2.) burial practices that to our eyes are not only clear disease vectors but even a little macabre.

I have spontaneously decided to donate money to the organisation, though I know nothing more than what is being said in the article.
    I'm well aware this is little, but I believe the author to be believable, and I put a bit of trust into the concept of ACT (a zen-based psychotherapy).

So it sounds like they are doing important work there.

Thanks for reading,
    Gassho,
    Danny
    治 Ji
    花 Ka
  • Myosha
    • Mar 2013

Hello,

Thank you for the link.

Gassho,
    Myosha
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Comment

• Jundo
      Treeleaf Founder and Priest
      • Apr 2006

Thank you for the Link, and we should sit ... besides doing anything material we can ... for all the folks around the world suffering.

Another group doing what they can (which is often so little) for the Ebola victims and others around the world ... Doctors Without Borders ...

Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation.

The Ebola virus can kill anywhere from 25-90% of infected people. Learn how MSF has been responding to the ongoing outbreaks in the worst-hit countries.

Gassho, J
      ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

Working...