• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kokuu
    Treeleaf Priest
    • Nov 2012

[Ecodharma] New Joanna Macy podcast

Dear all

Sounds True have announced the beginning of a new podcast with one of the foremost contributors to the growth of Ecodharma, Joanna Macy. It is called 'We are the Great Turning' with the first episode released today to celebrate Earth Day.

As most of you will doubtless know, Joanna has had a long involvement in Ecodharma, calling her approach "The Work that Reconnects' and authoring many books such as World as Lover, World as Self, and she co-wrote Active Hope that we read last year, She is currently in her 90s so it is wonderful to have another chance to hear her wisdom.

As Joanna Macy approaches the end of a long life dedicated to healing our imperiled planet, she begins the conversation with Jessica Serrante, her student and dear friend, “standing afresh with what it’s like to live on Earth at this moment.” As we look into the face of the climate crisis, injustice, and war, difficult feelings arise; all are welcomed.

Happy Earth Day to you all, and to everyone who shares this planet, both human and more than human.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-
  • Kokuu
    Treeleaf Priest
    • Nov 2012

Oh, there is a suggestion on the podcast page that people make groups to listen to the episodes together and then talk about them. Would that be something people would be open to here? We could have one thread per episode?

Comment

• Alina
      • Jul 2023

Thank you Kokuu for sharing this podcast. I'd love to join a group of listeners. Happy Earth day! [emoji289]

[emoji120]
      Gassho
      Alina
      stlah

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Doshin
        • May 2015

Doshin
        St

Comment

• Kaitan
          • Mar 2023

Count on me, I'd also love to join the discussion

Gasshō

stlah, Kaitan
          Kaitan - 界探 - Realm searcher
          Formerly known as "Bernal"

Comment

• Jenny A
            • Mar 2024

Thanks for sharing this. I'd also like to join the discussion.

jenny
            stlah

Comment

• Kokuu
              Treeleaf Priest
              • Nov 2012

Great! I will start a new thread for episode one, and anyone who wishes to listen and along and comment is more than welcome.

Gassho
              Kokuu
              -sattoday/lah-

Comment

Working...