Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heiso
    • Jan 2019

Ecodharma: 'Not Too Late' An Upaya Climate Change Podcast

I enjoyed this recent climate change podcast from Upaya about (as the title suggests) how it isn't too late and how we can approach climate activism.

Writer, historian, and activist, Rebecca Solnit, invites us to consider that action informed by a wise hope, rather than passive despair or optimism, is what we need to effectively engage the climate…

On a similar note here is a short article about younger people and climate optimism -https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/jul/15/climate-optimism-gen-z

Gassho,

Heiso

StLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-15-2022, 11:34 AM.
  • Tairin
    • Feb 2016

Thank you for sharing that article on the climate optimism and younger people. It is great to see their initiatives.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Comment

• Kokuu
      Treeleaf Priest
      • Nov 2012

Thank you, Heiso! I really enjoyed that talk with Rebecca Solnit. Her book Hope in the Dark is a great antidote to pessimism, pointing out that many turning points in human history have been preceded by apparently little movement until a tipping point is reached. Since we don't know when the tipping point will be, we need to keep pushing until it happens.

Great to see the optimism of younger people. I remember myself believing everything is possible when I was young but the thing is that if you believe that, it is the kind of energy that is need to create change.

Gassho
      Kokuu
      -sattoday-

Comment

• Doshin
        • May 2015

Thanks Heiso..

I could use a boost everyday like the one you shared about youth taking a stand! Please, let’s find and share positive stories.

Doshin
        St

Comment

• Tairin
          • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Doshin
          Thanks Heiso..

I could use a boost everyday like the one you shared about youth taking a stand! Please, let’s find and share positive stories.

Doshin
          St
          Agreed!

Tairin
          Sat today and lah
          泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Comment

Working...