X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jundo
    Treeleaf Founder and Priest
    • Apr 2006

[Challenging Times] -(21)- In Which This - Myo-O Habermas-Scher

An incredibly blunt and honest essay on life as the caretaker of an obstinate, very sick husband, wrestling with her own struggles, kept afloat (barely sometimes) by the Dharma ...

We are at page 230 in the book ... but not too late for anyone to jump in ...

The name of the essay is "In Which This ... "

For those who do not yet have a copy, I have made a PDF version available here for those waiting for their ordered book, or those unable to afford or obtain the book (second half of the book):https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yQV...usp=share_link

Feel free to jump into the readings and discussion even if you have not read other chapters.

Gassho, Jundo

stlah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE
  • Tairin
    • Feb 2016

This was a tough essay to read. I sure hope that as I age and potentially suffer physical or mental struggles I can do so with grace and not treat those around me poorly.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Comment

• Onkai
      Treeleaf Unsui
      • Aug 2015

It's hard to see a loved one make decisions that look self destructive, yet only they can know what is right for themselves. Even if they seem to not be facing the truth. This essay was instructive of how practice can pull us through, facing reality when it's most difficult.

Gassho, Onkai
      Sat lah
      美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
      恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Hōzan
        • Dec 2022

What I especially like about this essay, and the other essays in this book, is how it relates so much to the mundane and difficult aspects of ACTUAL life.
        So honest.

Gassho, Michael
        Satlah

Comment

• Alina
          • Jul 2023

In which she is grateful and understands that without practice and understanding, she would be insane
          Like solenziz mentioned, this book is full of actual life's difficult aspects and how to practice with them...

I can't put into words what this essay brings up in me. Memories, fears of what the future may bring, being tired of being in a helpless position...
          I know what she means by feeling like a relationship is driving her out of her mind.

Gassho

Alina
          ST+LAH

Comment

Working...