Intermittent errors. Accessing full site using mobile device.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WorkerB
    • Jan 2023

Intermittent errors. Accessing full site using mobile device.

In certain threads, this error message tends to recur. The problem is not isolated to today; this is the first time i am reporting it, though.

IMG_2270.png

This is occurring while on mobile accessing full site. The pattern seems to be errors happen in threads containing longer than typical posts and multiple links to off-site sources. Perhaps i am the only user experiencing this, though.

Gassho,
    b.

St
  • Bion
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Aug 2020

Originally posted by WorkerB
    In certain threads, this error message tends to recur. The problem is not isolated to today; this is the first time i am reporting it, though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8930[/ATTACH]

This is occurring while on mobile accessing full site. The pattern seems to be errors happen in threads containing longer than typical posts and multiple links to off-site sources. Perhaps i am the only user experiencing this, though.

Gassho,
    b.

St
    Hi, B! We’ll get someone to look into it! Thank you
    Have you tried Tapatalk for mobile use? Much better option than web version in my opinion

Gassho
    ( sat and lah )
    "Stepping back with open hands, is thoroughly comprehending life and death. Immediately you can sparkle and respond to the world." - Hongzhi

Comment

• Sekishi
      Treeleaf Priest / Engineer
      • Apr 2013

Hi B,

Looks like an iPhone (right?), do you know what version of iOS you are on?

Are there particular threads where it always happens, or is it more intermittent?

Gassho,
      Sekishi
      #sat#lah
      Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Comment

• Koushi
        Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer
        • Apr 2015

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8930[/ATTACH]

Gassho,
        b.

St
        Heya b,

I’m afraid I’m having trouble reproducing this with Safari on my phone. Couple follow-up questions:

Does the same thing happen in a browser such as Chrome, Firefox, etc?

Does the same happen in a private tab?

Any difference on mobile/cellular data instead?

Gassho, Koushi
        理道弘志 | Ridō Koushi

Please take this novice priest-in-training's words with a grain of salt.

Comment

• WorkerB
          • Jan 2023

Hi Koushi,

I’ve only experienced this in Safari and have not tested other browsers. Using cellular data and wifi result in same.haven’t tried a private tab yet, will give that a go. Let’s consider this a one-off problem unless you hear of other instances. Thank you for your help!

Gassho,
          b.

Comment

• WorkerB
            • Jan 2023

Originally posted by Sekishi
            Hi B,

Looks like an iPhone (right?), do you know what version of iOS you are on?

Are there particular threads where it always happens, or is it more intermittent?

Gassho,
            Sekishi
            #sat#lah
            Hi Sekishi,

Yes, iPhone, iOS 17.0.2 (update scheduled to .3 tonight). It only seems to be happening in the threads where a user is sharing longer than typical text and multiple links, which ironically is usually the Future of Buddhism-Technology & Robots thread.

Thank you for your help!
            Gassho,
            b

St

Comment

• Sekishi
              • Apr 2013

Yes, iPhone, iOS 17.0.2 (update scheduled to .3 tonight). It only seems to be happening in the threads where a user is sharing longer than typical text and multiple links, which ironically is usually the Future of Buddhism-Technology & Robots thread.
              Thank you. One more question (that I didn't think of until now) - I assume you are using the mobile theme for the forum on your phone (e.g. blue and white with "vBulletin" logo at the top), not the "Full Site" or "Minimal" themes?

I ask just in case this is specific to one of the vBulletin themes - I'm trying to recreate it by reloading periodically on my iPhone.

Gassho,
              Sekishi
              #sat#lah

Comment

• WorkerB
                • Jan 2023

Originally posted by Sekishi
                Thank you. One more question (that I didn't think of until now) - I assume you are using the mobile theme for the forum on your phone (e.g. blue and white with "vBulletin" logo at the top), not the "Full Site" or "Minimal" themes?

I ask just in case this is specific to one of the vBulletin themes - I'm trying to recreate it by reloading periodically on my iPhone.

Gassho,
                Sekishi
                #sat#lah
                Thank you for following up. Using “FullSite”. The mobile theme was not one i stuck with.

Gassho,
                b.

st

Comment

• Sekishi
                  • Apr 2013

Thank you for following up. Using “FullSite”. The mobile theme was not one i stuck with.
                  Thank you for all the info. I'm working today, so I have the Zen of Technology / Robots thread pulled up on my iPhone in "Full site" mode on my desk. I'm just going to reload, and jump around to different pages periodically to see if I can trigger the same issue. If we can reproduce it with any regularity at all, we can dive into error logs and such to try to see what's happening.

Long story short - we're on it, and will let you know if we discover anything useful!

Gassho,
                  Sekishi
                  #sat#lah

Comment

• Tairin
                    • Feb 2016

Hi all

For the record I only access TreeLeaf using safari on either my iPhone or iPad I’ve had zero problems accessing TreeLeaf or loading any pages. Not necessarily helpful info except to suggest that maybe this is a problem with B and not the forum itself

B, when was the last time you rebooted your devices?

Tairin
                    Sat today and lah
                    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Comment

• WorkerB
                      • Jan 2023

Thanks, Tairin. I agree, this is likely a b problem. I reboot all devices daily. It’s not a problem gating anything than the occasional comment or thanks i’d make on these long posts, so it’s really not important since others aren’t affected. Thank you for all your help.

Let’s please call this closed. My apologies for the bother and gratitude for your help.

Gassho.
                      b.

st.

Comment

• WorkerB
                        • Jan 2023

After updating iOS to 17.0.3, i can no longer reproduce the problem. In addition to the update, i also did our weekly gateway restart. Smooth sailing so far. Thanks again for all of you help, folks.

Gassho,
                        b.
                        st.

Comment

• Sekishi
                          • Apr 2013

After updating iOS to 17.0.3, i can no longer reproduce the problem. In addition to the update, i also did our weekly gateway restart. Smooth sailing so far. Thanks again for all of you help, folks.

Gassho,
                          b.
                          st.
                          I’m still on 17.0.2 and I reloaded that thread all day yesterday and couldn’t duplicate the problem.

I’m so glad it is fixed now B!

Deep bows to these tiny glowing slabs that allow us to share with each other all around the world.

-Sekishi
                          #sat#lah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...