Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michaelw
    • Feb 2022

Treeleaf space/time continuum.

According to the calendar the 1400hrs (GMT+1) sitting I host on Mon 28 and Tues 29 Oct are shown as 1300hrs that is one hour earlier than normal.
    Is this because the UK clocks change on 27 Oct and therefore the calendar is anticipating the change or does the treeleaf time reference not change until some other date and therefore just turn up at 1300hrs irrespective of UK clock changes?

Gassho
    MichaelW

satlah
  • Bion
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Aug 2020

Originally posted by michaelw
    According to the calendar the 1400hrs (GMT+1) sitting I host on Mon 28 and Tues 29 Oct are shown as 1300hrs that is one hour earlier than normal.
    Is this because the UK clocks change on 27 Oct and therefore the calendar is anticipating the change or does the treeleaf time reference not change until some other date and therefore just turn up at 1300hrs irrespective of UK clock changes?

Gassho
    MichaelW

satlah
    I just saw that and it is strange because my sit continues to appear correctly. We'll look into it, Shosai! Thanks!

Gassho
    sat lah
    "Stepping back with open hands, is thoroughly comprehending life and death. Immediately you can sparkle and respond to the world." - Hongzhi

Comment

• Kotei
      Treeleaf Unsui
      • Mar 2015

Hmm, I believe the sitting with Shokai is anchored in New York time.
      UK/Europe changes from DST on the last weekend of October and I believe New York the first weekend in November.
      So I believe the beginning time shifts one hour for you until the week after Nov the 3rd, where the US changes time and it is back to normal.
      Gassho,
      Kotei sat/lah today.
      義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

Comment

• Kotei
        Treeleaf Unsui
        • Mar 2015

Sorry, confused Shokai with Shosai, but your sit is (historically) anchored in Chicago time...
        Should I anchor it in UK time, so it doesn't change?
        Gassho,
        Kotei sat/lah today.
        Last edited by Kotei; Yesterday, 09:24 AM.
        義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.

Comment

• Bion
          Treeleaf Unsui
          • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Kotei
          Hmm, I believe the sitting with Shokai is anchored in New York time.
          UK/Europe changes from DST on the last weekend of October and I believe New York the first weekend in November.
          So I believe the beginning time shifts one hour for you until the week after Nov the 3rd, where the US changes time and it is back to normal.
          Gassho,
          Kotei sat/lah today.
          Oh, so thr question here, michaelw is whether you and the group want to keep the sit anchored to the current NYC time zone or if they'd be willing to adapt to your time zone. How many folks are there usually?

Gassho
          sat lah
          "Stepping back with open hands, is thoroughly comprehending life and death. Immediately you can sparkle and respond to the world." - Hongzhi

Comment

• michaelw
            • Feb 2022

Thanks for clarifying that.
            I think Onki owns or at least is responsible for this zazen slot.
            Historically I think it is been referred to as an 08.00hrs sit but where the 08.00hrs is based I have no idea.
            If it were up to me I think I would say let it be as it resolves itself after one week and I can do 1300hrs just as easily as 1400hrs.
            I will let the few regulars know although I suspect it will not directly affect them depending on where they are.

Gassho

MichaelW

satlah

Comment

Working...