Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyousui
    • Feb 2017

Zoom Bombers

During the Scheduled sit with Kyousui some participants periodically unmuted themselves and made loud noises, Tai Shi and I just continued sitting without reacting. they eventually left.

Kyousui - strong waters 強 水
  • Bion
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Kyousui
    During the Scheduled sit with Kyousui some participants periodically unmuted themselves and made loud noises, Tai Shi and I just continued sitting without reacting. they eventually left.
    Thanks for letting us know, Kyousui. They have been at it for some time now, attacking various sits. Sorry it was your turn, but thanks for just sitting through it.

Gassho
    sat and lah
    "Stepping back with open hands, is thoroughly comprehending life and death. Immediately you can sparkle and respond to the world." - Hongzhi

Comment

• Chikyou
      • May 2022

Hey Bion,

I caught their activities on the YouTube recording and I was shocked at some of the things they were saying! I'm really impressed with how well you handled it though. Thanks for keeping order as best as could have possibly been expected given the circumstances.

Gassho,
      SatLah
      Chikyō
      Chikyō 知鏡
      (KellyLM)

Comment

• Jundo
        Treeleaf Founder and Priest
        • Apr 2006

And thank you to our team of Tech Guardians and Event Hosts who, it seems, have taken defensive measures to keep out the invaders. I have video of the final battle ...

Gassho, J
        stlah
        ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Bion
          Treeleaf Unsui
          • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Chikyou
          Hey Bion,

I caught their activities on the YouTube recording and I was shocked at some of the things they were saying! I'm really impressed with how well you handled it though. Thanks for keeping order as best as could have possibly been expected given the circumstances.

Gassho,
          SatLah
          Chikyō
          Aww! Thank you! I could smell it coming even before we started with the ceremony. I just didn’t know where it was going to go. Managed to put an end to it fairly quickly! ????

Gassho
          sat and lah
          "Stepping back with open hands, is thoroughly comprehending life and death. Immediately you can sparkle and respond to the world." - Hongzhi

Comment

• Benjamin Gieseke
            • Jan 2024

Y’all probably know already, but just wanted to pop in and suggest after this morning’s sit that we disable screen sharing for everyone but the host moving forward? We can probably disable the whiteboard and other features as well, make it so meeting attendees can only turn their camera on and off and raise their hands. Of course it’s up to leadership folks, just wanted to make sure the idea had been thrown out there!

gassho,
            Benjamin
            SatLah

Comment

• Bion
              Treeleaf Unsui
              • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Benjamin Gieseke
              Y’all probably know already, but just wanted to pop in and suggest after this morning’s sit that we disable screen sharing for everyone but the host moving forward? We can probably disable the whiteboard and other features as well, make it so meeting attendees can only turn their camera on and off and raise their hands. Of course it’s up to leadership folks, just wanted to make sure the idea had been thrown out there!

gassho,
              Benjamin
              SatLah
              Screen sharing is disabled. They were broadcasting videos from their own zoom window, probably from a separate software. We are pondering how to handle it

Gassho
              sat lah

Comment

• Antonio
                • Mar 2024

I am impressed how much time the Zoom bombers friends have to waste. If instead of losing time trying to annoy others, people decided to focus the efforts to make something more productive, we would have a better world.

Well, I hope that they find the right path someday

Gassho,
                SatLah
                Antonio

If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him.” - Linji Yixuan​​

Comment

• Jundo
                  Treeleaf Founder and Priest
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Antonio
                  I am impressed how much time the Zoom bombers friends have to waste. If instead of losing time trying to annoy others, people decided to focus the efforts to make something more productive, we would have a better world.

Well, I hope that they find the right path someday

Gassho,
                  SatLah
                  THAT's a good attitude, Antonio!

Let's us call them our "Zoom Buddhas"

Gassho, J
                  stlah
                  ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

Working...