Clear All
  • Geika
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Jan 2010

Hey Nenka!!

Gassho

Sat today, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Comment

• Jundo
      Treeleaf Founder and Priest
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Nenka
      Thank you for this, Jundo. It's timely. I come and go so often I don't even post in the "I'm going away but coming back" thread. But I'm always here, even when I'm not.

Gassho

Jen

I sat today
      ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Meian
        • Apr 2015

I have done all of the above over the years, sometimes unintentionally -- sitting, not sitting, wandering and "letting things gestate" .....

Thank you for this teaching, Jundo.

gassho
        kim
        st lh
        鏡道 |​ Kyodo (Meian) | "Mirror of the Way"
        visiting Unsui
        Nothing I say is a teaching, it's just my own opinion.

Comment

• Gero
          • Feb 2019

Thank you for this teaching. When I turn it upside down or inside out, it fits my current situation: After decades of being that armchair Buddhist I have now come to the point where I do not skip sitting. Actually, I have been absent "invisible" at Treeleaf, because I would much rather just sit than to read or write.
          Hope that is okay, too.
          Now I will try to catch up with what has been going on araound here in June.

Gassho
          Gero (sat today)

Comment

• Jundo
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Gero
            . Actually, I have been absent "invisible" at Treeleaf, because I would much rather just sit than to read or write.
            Hope that is okay, too.
            Yes, if it feels right and balanced in your life/practice, then it is probably right for your life/practice.

Gassho, J

STLah

Comment

• Tai Shi
              • Oct 2014

Hello Jundo and Jakuden and all, I know about Bill Wilson and only a little, what Jundo tells us, about Master Dogen. I want to know more about Dogen, and for now, Bill Wilson said after I took 12 steps to the best of my ability that "Having had a spiritual experience as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other alcoholics, and practice these principles in all our affairs." I have been trying to practice these principles of When I make a mistake, I make it right to the best of my ability. When at the end of the day I can count something good along with correcting the not so good, then I've had a good day. When I can spend some time in prayer and meditation, as I can, Shicantaza, then it's been a good day, and for me sometimes other than Shikantaza in my meditation. When I can say I have helped one sentient being, or turned my attention to the earth, then it's been a good day. Yes, this for me is the balance sheet at the end of the day. About two years and three months ago I began carrying this message. And for me it meant as Bill Wilson said, "Entering again into the mainstream of life," and I have not regretted a single moment on the cushion (For me, as Jundo knows, a cushioned chair).

Tai Shi
              sat/lah
              Gassho
              Last edited by Tai Shi; 07-04-2019, 06:18 PM. Reason: word
              Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

• Onkai
                Treeleaf Unsui
                • Aug 2015

Gassho,
                Onkai (Warm Sea)
                Sat/LAH
                美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
                恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Getchi
                  • May 2015

Thankyou again for this teaching Jundo,

Ive just returned home from being out bush. The chances to Sit were limited, between 4C nights and full days of work, I started feeling a little left behind. Still I "sat" under a blanket, in a tent, in the pitch dark.

Then I realised that I never stop Sitting as long as I keep living a skillful life. This particular teaching kept reminding me that even if I dont believe, still the Universe sets me out to see myself. All without any self to see. Or something.

TaiShi - The freedom felt during recovery is a very special thing - Im so glad you are doing well. We must never forget also "One Day At A Time" - (maybe even just this one hour at a time!)

Gassho,
                  Geoff.

SatToday
                  LaH.
                  Nothing to do? Why not Sit?

Comment

• Ola Nelsson
                    • Aug 2010

Thanks i have be en away fot long. But im back
                    //Ola

Comment

• Jundo
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Ola Nelsson
                      Thanks i have be en away fot long. But im back
                      //Ola
                      This has been like "Old Timers" week around Treeleaf! Ola (as they say in Spain) Ola!

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

Comment

• Tai Shi
                        • Oct 2014

Hi Getchi, This is a fellow traveler I think.

For over the past 32 years, on July 22nd at about 8:30 am Mountain Time USA, I have entered each day without alcohol, and I was at first very unsteady. I remained so until about Oct. 3rd 2011, and here I came very close to death; a gastric hemorrhage requiring 10 units of blood, 4 units of platelets and dozens of units of anti-anxiety medication over a 5-day period made me begin to realize how important people are. I spent 3 days in I.C.U. then moved one floor below to critical care. I was still a belligerent know it all. BUT, something remarkable had begun. At age 60 I was removed from the diagnosis of a schizophrenia-like diseases and told that for more than 40 yrs doctors had been wrong and I have bipolar disorder and could be treated accordingly. This opened a final chapter of my life, and about 10 mo ago my therapist said "You've put me out of a job." I still have psych checkups, take two med.s one for thinking, one for mood. And, I employ techniques of CBT. I sit in meditation anywhere from 8 to 14 times a week, and I work with other alcoholics, not to say you are one, but I allow my day to be one day at a time. Today, I'm fairly normal.

Tai Shi
                        sat/lah
                        Gassho
                        Last edited by Tai Shi; 07-14-2019, 12:56 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

• Getchi
                          • May 2015

TaiShi, yes, we travel a same path we do.

English - not sa greeat.

Human- I tries even now!!!

I had a time, at some place, but who remembers??? NO, I wont survive, I lay there nearly dead and then --- OOH; you will survive after all!!!

BIGGEST mis-label in me life !!!! Buddha was never wrong, HE says what I need, describe what I sees, no. BoSatsu was right!

Hell, Heaven? Who knows???

Jundo makes me, and my family better!!!

SatToday (twicew)

LaH (PM me for ideas!!!)

NOW - I help other family recognise love in the fighting - - there is only family , indivudual isd not so big. Hoping this is right english!!!!!

CBT onl;y point to Freud; Im hope you can learn to Jung!!
                          Nothing to do? Why not Sit?

Comment

• Tai Shi
                            • Oct 2014

Jundo yes gently the point of sitting is sitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I know there are diagnostic manuals Auf Deutsck.

sat
                            Gassho
                            Last edited by Tai Shi; 08-01-2019, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• Ekai
                              • Feb 2011

Thank you for this. These words spoke to me today.

Gassho,
                              Ekai
                              SatToday

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Tai Shi
                                • Oct 2014

There are usually physical reasons for headaches. C B T is cognitive behavioral therapy growing, sometimes used R B T rational emotive therapy. Look these up on Wikipedia, IS FAR AWAY FROM Freud. Ti's based on thinking, and then feeling follows. This uses a 3 and 4 part model teaching that faulty thinking can be self diagnosed, with resting the impasse, or problem in the thoughts that make the problem. What might have taken 20 years, can take 6 or 7. My therapy took about 6 years for my therapist to pronounce me fairly normal. I went from values of 3 on anxiety and depression scales to 9 almost none. I am a secure stable man, and I know my limits. Generally I just walk away from altercations. I'm sure there are diagnostic manuals in many languages. SO do not worry about English language. Find something in your own language. AND Jundo makes us all better, he is a great man, great teacher-- Jundo Roshi

Tai Shi
                                sat/lah
                                Gassho
                                Last edited by Tai Shi; 07-31-2019, 11:57 PM. Reason: Clarrification.

Comment

Working...