• Show
Clear All
  • bya
    • Feb 2012

Thank you 🙏

Comment

• Tai Shi
      • Oct 2014

From time to time I am in need of personal visit with Jundo. Though throughout the year we visit in such a way that we may write to each other, I feel a need to talk for 15 minutes or 20 minutes so that I can expect from the pandemic that has taken severe toll on my wife and I. My wife turns 67 and I will turn 70 this years or perhaps I have very much wanted to visit with Shokai. He knows first hand in our lives what this means. I have wanted to visit with him because as has known exactly what to help me with in the past. I think as a priest and more so as a friend I have come to respond from his advice , I think a Dokusun might be beneficial to both of us. The pandemic hasn’t really changed us and now that we are going to be vaccinated with vaccine 95% but this is a paradox for us. It’s made us so isolated I want to cry be that’s effective or not and then do we worry about our friends who receive nothing or should they worry about us? One man who was close has bugun to drink heavily another to use hard drugs. See there are only problems a priest with understanding can give to use, please let this happen both Shokai and Jundo?
      Gassho
      With so I understanding
      Tai Shi
      sat/ lab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

• Tai Shi
        • Oct 2014

It's some time since this last missive so I will only say that I have made new friends at our UU Church in Sioux Falls. This is a very small church that welcomes all people, gay, straight, ordinary, non-ordinary, good, well so not so good, mentally ill, me, you, agnostic, atheism, believer, agnostic, soul seeker, all are welcome as with good intent and charitable learning families, old people, young people. children, seniors. Ours has accepted my Soto Zen and applaud my "spiritual" path.
        Gassho
        sat/lah
        Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

• Jundo
          Treeleaf Founder and Priest
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Tai Shi
          It's some time since this last missive so I will only say that I have made new friends at our UU Church in Sioux Falls. This is a very small church that welcomes all people, gay, straight, ordinary, non-ordinary, good, well so not so good, mentally ill, me, you, agnostic, atheism, believer, agnostic, soul seeker, all are welcome as with good intent and charitable learning families, old people, young people. children, seniors. Ours has accepted my Soto Zen and applaud my "spiritual" path.
          Gassho
          sat/lah
          Sounds lovely, TS.

Gassho, J

stlah
          ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• WorkerB
            • Jan 2023

“Nicely aligned slippers lead to nicely aligned mind”.

Gassho,
            b.
            st (with slippers tidy beside tan)

Comment

• Paco
              • Aug 2024

I have a question. If i am hearing correctly, we do not Gassho at the end of the three bells that begin Zazen, correct? At the last Zendo I practiced with they did Gassho at the end of the three bells, so that's what I have been doing. I have no problem changing, I just want to make sure I heard correctly.

Thank you.

Gassho,
              Paco
              sat today/lent a hand

Comment

• Jundo
                Treeleaf Founder and Priest
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Paco
                I have a question. If i am hearing correctly, we do not Gassho at the end of the three bells that begin Zazen, correct? At the last Zendo I practiced with they did Gassho at the end of the three bells, so that's what I have been doing. I have no problem changing, I just want to make sure I heard correctly.

Thank you.

Gassho,
                Paco
                sat today/lent a hand
                At all (?) Sangha in Japan I have attended, one is already quietly sitting Zazen when the 3 Bells are rung to start Zazen. So, why would one bow and interrupt Zazen? No bow after the 3 Bells. One settles on the cushion, adjusts posture, and does not move to bow. The next time someone bows is when the Bells ring to END Zazen.

Gassho, Jundo
                stlah
                Last edited by Kotei; 09-16-2024, 08:45 AM.
                ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Paco
                  • Aug 2024

Originally posted by Jundo

At all (?) Sangha in Japan I have attended, one is already quietly sitting Zazen when the 3 Bells are rung to start Zazen. So, why would one bow and interrupt Zazen? No bow after the 3 Bells. One settles on the cushion, adjusts posture, and does not move to bow. The next time someone bows is when the Bells ring to END Zazen.

Gassho, Jundo
                  stlah
                  Thank you, Jundo. I understand and that what's I will do. I'm not sure why my last sangha did that, but I will no longer Gassho at the beginning.

Gassho,
                  Paco
                  sat today and lent a hand
                  Last edited by Kotei; 09-16-2024, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• ZenJay
                    • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Jundo

Gassho, Jundo
                    stlah
                    Ive been doing it wrong… thank you for the correction.

Gassho,
                    Jay

Sat/lah today

Comment

Working...