Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jundo
    Treeleaf Founder and Priest
    • Apr 2006

We're All In This Together (20) - Medicine Buddha, Universal Health Care Buddha

A tribute to all our medical personnel and all the 'essential workers' of all kinds, who keep it going in all manner of ways, many behind the scenes.

I also offer my view that, under the Precepts, and our Vow to Save All Sentient Beings, human beings while in this life deserve decent and affordable health care. Sometimes our Vows and basic social policy overlap.

I am sitting at our local shrine to Yakushi Nyorai, the 'Medicine Buddha.' More about Yakushi Nyorai here: https://traditionalkyoto.com/culture...ealing-buddha/

Gassho, J

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 04-14-2020, 10:10 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE
  • Jishin
    • Oct 2012

It is a terrible situation in the USA where workers are expected to have medical insurance from their jobs. If people lose their jobs then they cannot afford health care and if they get sick they can not work. If they can not not work then there is no health care. Terrible. The situation in the USA is shameful and people are losing their jobs en masse due to the dive the economy has taken due to the corona virus.

Gassho, Jishin, __/stlah\__
    Last edited by Jishin; 04-14-2020, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• Heiso
      • Jan 2019

I'm incredibly grateful to live in a country with a national health service.

Deep bows to all health workers who have been putting their lives on the line day after day to look after us.

Gassho,

Heiso

StLah

Comment

• Tai Do
        • Jan 2019

I see in Yakushi Nyorai the image of compassion of all health workers (including cleanners and recepcionists).
        Deep bows to all the medicine buddhas and bodhisattvas that put their lifes at risk every day to help people.
        May the right to health be secured in all countries and for all people.
        Gassho,
        Mateus
        Sat/LAH
        怠努 (Tai Do) - Lazy Effort
        (also known as Mateus )

禅戒一如 (Zen Kai Ichi Nyo) - Zazen and the Precepts are One!

Comment

• Tairin
          • Feb 2016

I am grateful to live in Canada where universal healthcare is available to all and thankful for the healthcare workers who are on the front lines

Tairin
          Sat today and lah
          泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Comment

• Bokucho
            • Dec 2018

I myself live in the United States, and I've seen the damages first hand. My son was born with a medical condition that required (and still does require) medical intervention. The rates charged even with insurance is mind boggling. When he was one week old he got a bill from the transport service for over $60,000. For my specific situation I'm grateful that I have a good job and adequate insurance, but there are far more in my country that are either uninsured or under insured and it's absolutely heartbreaking. I think one of the biggest issues is that the idea of healthcare as a basic human right has become politicized, and it's used as a weapon by each side of our two party system. I try to do what I can to vote at all levels for the people that appear to do the most good, however it seems that many either don't care or are uninformed.

For all of you that have a national healthcare system, don't ever take it for granted! My hope is that one day we here can move past the political spectacle and be able to implement that which will help the most people. To all sentient beings, much metta to all in this trying time!

Gassho,

Joshua
            SatToday

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Kokuu
              Treeleaf Priest
              • Nov 2012

I see in Yakushi Nyorai the image of compassion of all health workers (including cleanners and recepcionists).
              Deep bows to all the medicine buddhas and bodhisattvas that put their lifes at risk every day to help people.
              May the right to health be secured in all countries and for all people.

The hands and eyes of our medical personnel are the hands and eyes of Yakushi Nyorai.

Gassho
              Kokuu
              -sattoday/lah-

Comment

• Onka
                • May 2019

Universal Health Care AND Universal Basic Income at the very least as a precursor to... well you all know what I'll say next haha.
                Gassho
                Onka
                st
                穏 On (Calm)
                火 Ka (Fires)
                They/She.

Comment

• Kokuu
                  Treeleaf Priest
                  • Nov 2012

Universal Health Care AND Universal Basic Income at the very least as a precursor to... well you all know what I'll say next
                  Universal Zazen?

Gassho
                  Kokuu

Comment

• Onka
                    • May 2019

Cheeky monkey ❤️
                    穏 On (Calm)
                    火 Ka (Fires)
                    They/She.

Comment

• Shoki
                      • Apr 2015

That's quite a nice Baja you're sporting there, Jundo. I'm a big fan of them as I have four. You've inspired me to wear one tomorrow.

Gassho
                      STlah
                      James

Comment

• Jundo
                        Treeleaf Founder and Priest
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Shoki
                        That's quite a nice Baja you're sporting there, Jundo. I'm a big fan of them as I have four. You've inspired me to wear one tomorrow.

Gassho
                        STlah
                        James
                        Kyonin brought it as a gift from Mexico when he came to visit last years (seems so long ago) ...

Let's relive that ... and the great typhoon too! ...

KYONIN (and Jundo's) TRAVEL DIARY in JAPAN

Dear All, I am so pleased that, this Friday morning, I will be welcoming our priest Kyonin Barros, who is travelling to Japan from Guadalajara via Mexico City. It is Kyonin's first time in Japan, he considers it primarily a pilgrimage to visit and honor some of the places cherished in our Zen Tradition, and he owes it all to

Oh, this song from that time has a whole new meaning now!

Gassho, J

STlah
                        Last edited by Jundo; 04-15-2020, 02:13 AM.
                        ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Onka
                          • May 2019

One of my favourite Stones songs ever.
                          Love this version.
                          Gassho
                          Onka
                          st
                          穏 On (Calm)
                          火 Ka (Fires)
                          They/She.