Kyonin
      Sat/LAH
      Hondō Kyōnin
      奔道 協忍

Comment

• Hoko
        • Aug 2009

Thank you, Jundo.

May we all realize freedom from our delusions about enlightenment, though these delusions are inexhaustible.

Gassho,
        Hoko
        #SatToday
        LAH
        法 Dharma
        口 Mouth

Comment

• Tai Shi
          • Oct 2014

Hi All,
          3 years ago my daughter gave me an autobiography called I AM Malala, and of course we all know of this young (youngest to ever receive the Nobel Peace Prize), and she was accousted and murder attempted upon this young woman; we know that this woman came very close to death! Something changes when a person makes the journey to be so very close to death, and yes this person returns a changed person. For Malala this has meant a resolve to set a school for young Muslim women. So Malala gained dignity and courage. This meant that despite her age, and despite the treacherous nature of those who would find education, especially of young women, girls of Muslim faith, these girls, these people would threaten, and even take violence and even murder these girls who sought to rise to equality. Malala is now a single minded and courageous person. She knows that by helping those like herself that her (call it soul) is fulfilled, that she has and will prove her destiny, to help despite threat of murder, and now because of her resolve and compassion she has drawn world wide focus on this powerful and necessary need to read, write, do mathematics. These are basic needs and rights of everyone, and Malala recognizes the peaceful nature of her resolve for girls like herself. Her changes fostered world wide attention to a dire need. Thu Malala is one of those special people who will touch the lives of everyone.

Tai Shi
          std
          Gassho
          Last edited by Tai Shi; 05-31-2017, 08:44 PM.
          Peaceful, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, for positive poetry 優婆塞 台 婆

Comment

• Jundo
            Treeleaf Founder and Priest
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Tai Shi
            Hi All,
            3 years ago my daughter gave me an autobiography called I AM Malala, and of course we all know of this young (youngest to ever receive the Nobel Peace Prize), and she was accousted and murder attempted upon this young woman; we know that this woman came very close to death! Something changes when a person makes the journey to be so very close to death, and yes this person returns a changed person. For Malala this has meant a resolve to set a school for young Muslim women. So Malala gained dignity and courage. This meant that despite her age, and despite the treacherous nature of those who would find education, especially of young women, girls of Muslim faith, these girls, these people would threaten, and even take violence and even murder these girls who sought to rise to equality. Malala is now a single minded and courageous person. She knows that by helping those like herself that her (call it soul) is fulfilled, that she has and will prove her destiny, to help despite threat of murder, and now because of her resolve and compassion she has drawn world wide focus on this powerful and necessary need to read, write, do mathematics. These are basic needs and rights of everyone, and Malala recognizes the peaceful nature of her resolve for girls like herself. Her changes fostered world wide attention to a dire need. Thu Malala is one of those special people who will touch the lives of everyone.

Tai Shi
            std
            Gassho
            Yes, one does not need to be "Buddhist" in any way to teach beauty and wisdom.

Thank you Taishi (you are a pretty good teacher yourself)!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAF
            ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Kaishin
              • Dec 2010

Thank you

-satToday
              Thanks,
              Kaishin (開心, Open Heart)
              Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Suuko
                • May 2017

Greetings Jundo,

Do you think that the following film is a true/accurate description of the life of Master Dogen? I have been inspired so much by this when I discovered it.

Gassho,
                Geerish
                ST
                Has been known as Guish since 2017 on the forum here.

Comment

• Jakuden
                  • Jun 2015

Thank you, Jundo.

Gassho,
                  Jakuden
                  SatToday/LAH

Comment

• Rob H
                    • Feb 2019

Thankyou, Jundo.
                    Gassho.