Jundo: Taking Off the Priest's Robe, the Kesa (for Awhile) ... A Protest ...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

he same is true for all of us. Even if only in direct contact with a few people, each positive influence we can make in each life, also indirectly affects each of their circle of friends and family too. If we can do good for others, that good spreads, it is paid forward and it is felt by more people than we can imagine.

For me 'doing what I can' very much includes never allowing (or trying never to allow) an opportunity to help others pass me by. According to where we are in life, each of us has different opportunities. Sometimes we create those opportunities ourselves.

To aim to do everything possible is lovely.

To do *something*, *anything*, is probably more far reaching than we ever know.
    Beautifully said Seiko.

There was a participant in a mindfulness class that was headed home after work. She needed to stop at the grocery store to pick up some items for dinner. But, she was in a hurry because one of her children had a dance class and the other child had band practice. As she was standing in line at the check-out counter, there was another woman in front of her with a baby. The woman and the woman at the register were carrying on and laughing and paying attention to the baby. The woman standing in line was becoming impatient and annoyed and could feel herself becoming angry. Just then, she remembered her meditation practice and began to breathe and let go of the angry thoughts. Before she knew it, she was next in line. When she got to the woman at the register she said, my that was a beautiful baby. The cashier said, yes thank you. That is my daughter and my mother brings her in here everyday so that I can see her because I am working two jobs while my husband serves in Iraq.

That is how we save the world with our practice. It reaches everywhere.

Gahsso,

Daiman
    St/LAH

Comment

• Jundo
      Treeleaf Founder and Priest
      • Apr 2006

That is my daughter and my mother brings her in here everyday so that I can see her because I am working two jobs while my husband serves in Iraq.
      Yes. So true. No doubt.

But would it not be nice is there would be no wars like that in Iraq, not any more? Then fathers might stay home with their babies.

Gassho, J

stlah
      ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

Originally posted by Jundo
        Yes. So true. No doubt.

But would it not be nice is there would be no wars like that in Iraq, not any more? Then fathers might stay home with their babies.

Gassho, J

stlah
        Indeed. This would be wonderful. And until that time, we do our very best with seeing one dharma and practicing one dharma.

I am fully supportive of working toward finding any ways we can to alleviate suffering for as many people possible.

Gassho,

Daiman
        St/LAH

Comment

• Jundo
          Treeleaf Founder and Priest
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Daiman
          Indeed. This would be wonderful. And until that time, we do our very best with seeing one dharma and practicing one dharma.

I am fully supportive of working toward finding any ways we can to alleviate suffering for as many people possible.

Gassho,

Daiman
          St/LAH
          We are working for that time.

If you do not set a place at the table, and open the door, no guest comes. If you do not plant a seed, no tree grows. Like that.

It is good to help the suffering people nearby, and it is good to work for all the suffering people today and tomorrow.

Gassho, J

stlah
          ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

100% onboard with this.
            Gassho
            Daiman
            St/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Chikyou
              • May 2022

I will echo some others here and say that I do not think for a minute that you are failing as a priest, or a teacher. You have through this action and others in the past week or so set a shining example of self reflection and inspired me to push myself just a little bit further, and I'm grateful for that. I suspect others here would say the same, I would be surprised to learn that I was the only one.

Gassho,
              SatLah
              Kelly
              Chikyō 知鏡
              (KellyLM)

Comment

• Onki
                Treeleaf Unsui
                • Dec 2020

Thank you for creating this video. I can see the sincerity in your eyes, in your voice, and in your heart. You are a wonderful teacher, Jundo. Your selflessness is true. I am reflecting on this and realizing that everyone has their own way of helping others. None better than the other. This is a reminder to myself to continue helping

Gasshō,

On

Sat today
                “Let me respectfully remind you
                Life and death are of supreme importance.
                Time swiftly passes by
                And opportunity ist lost.
                Each of us should strive to awaken.
                Awaken, take heed,
                Do not squander your life.​“ - Life and Death and The Great Matter

Comment

Working...