Sit-A-Longs

Collapse
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIT-A-LONG with Jundo: Safe Landings

SIT-A-LONG with Jundo: Safe Landings

There is a saying in the news business that "IF IT BLEEDS IT LEADS". An air crash or other tragedy captures the headlines and is endlessly examined by 24 hour news coverage, while the thousands
    Go to post

• SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: Knocking Down Monastery Walls

SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: Knocking Down Monastery Walls

I often feel that monastic practice is so "yesterday" ... so "13th Century".It's true, and in some very important ways, it may be time to knock down the monasteries, throwing
    Go to post

• SIT-A-LONG with Taigu FUKANZAZENGI 6

SIT-A-LONG with Taigu FUKANZAZENGI 6

If however there is the tiniest gap, heaven and earth are far apart. If the least tendency arises to go against or conform, the mind is lost in confusion.

Cependant, s’il existe le plus
    Go to post

• Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (Part XI)

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (Part XI)

What’s the most important thing to remember about ‘breathing‘ during Zazen?

DON’T STOP!

Last time, I spoke about how there is no “bad” Zazen, even on those days when the mind
    Go to post

• SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: Announcing the GLOBAL DAY OF SERVICE

We are pleased to announce our GLOBAL DAY OF SERVICE initiative here at Treeleaf. Starting in a few weeks, we will be asking each and all of our Treeleaf folks, in some way, to spend a day making their
    Go to post

• SIT-A-LONG with Taigu FUKANZAZENGI 7

SIT-A-LONG with Taigu FUKANZAZENGI 7

Even if, proud of our understanding and richly endowed with realizations, we obtain special states of insight, attain the truth, clarify the mind, manifest a zeal that pierces the sky, and ramble through
    Go to post

• SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: Pain, Suffering & Freedom

SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: Pain, Suffering & Freedom

I have friends these days who are feeling the pain of cancer, grief at the death of a spouse, worry over a sick child, a broken heart from a broken marriage, fear and despair from loss of a job. I wish
    Go to post

• SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: Sex Scandal Finger Wagging

SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: Sex Scandal Finger Wagging

I want to wag my finger, not just at the Zen teachers caught in scandals recently (although at most of them too), but at the reactions of some folks to the scandals. Particularly, I want to call out:
    Go to post

• SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: The Start of Jukai & Our Treeleaf 'Global Day of Service'

Today is an auspicious day for our Sangha, as we start our study and reflections on each of the Precepts in preparation for our next Jukai (Undertaking the Precepts) Ceremony in January. Together with
    Go to post

• SIT-A-LONG with Jundo: BUDDHA BOO!

SIT-A-LONG with Jundo: BUDDHA BOO!

Halloween is a good time to talk about ...

... the things that SCARE US!

Today’s Sit-A-Long video follows at this link. Remember: recording
    Go to post
There are no articles in this category.

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

article_tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...