Oryoki Overview

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shugen
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Nov 2007
    • 4535

    Oryoki Overview

    Hello all,

    Shingen created a lovely document that gives a wonderful description of the steps we will be taking along the Oryoki path.



    Do not worry if it seems like a lot! We will be taking very small, very slow steps.

    Our next meeting will be Sunday, March 20th 9:30am EST (1:30pm UTC).

    I hope to see you there!

    Gassho,

    Shugen

    #sattoday
    Last edited by Jundo; 03-22-2016, 03:12 AM.
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼
  • Mp

    #2
    Wonderful, thank you Shugen ... looking forward to sharing and practicing with you all. =)

    Gassho
    Shingen

    #sattoday

    Comment

    • Jika
      Member
      • Jun 2014
      • 1337

      #3
      Shugen and all others,

      I just want to say I'm sorry, but I'm bowing out of live Oryoki.
      It will be lovely to follow your videos.
      But I seem to have nothing right (bowls, cloth, board), and due to some other project no time to fix this.
      Still no idea where to find nesting bowls.
      It just does not seem to be the right time now, I hope you will understand.
      (This has nothing to do with the document; I have been meaning to tell you for a while.)
      I hope Oryoki continues and I'll be able to join you in the future.
      Thank you very much!

      Gassho
      Jika
      #sattoday
      治 Ji
      花 Ka

      Comment

      • Shugen
        Treeleaf Unsui
        • Nov 2007
        • 4535

        #4
        Originally posted by Jika
        Shugen and all others,

        I just want to say I'm sorry, but I'm bowing out of live Oryoki.
        It will be lovely to follow your videos.
        But I seem to have nothing right (bowls, cloth, board), and due to some other project no time to fix this.
        Still no idea where to find nesting bowls.
        It just does not seem to be the right time now, I hope you will understand.
        (This has nothing to do with the document; I have been meaning to tell you for a while.)
        I hope Oryoki continues and I'll be able to join you in the future.
        Thank you very much!

        Gassho
        Jika
        #sattoday
        You are welcome to join anytime with anything that you do have!

        Gassho,

        Shugen

        #sattoday


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Meido Shugen
        明道 修眼

        Comment

        • Washin
          Treeleaf Unsui
          • Dec 2014
          • 3751

          #5
          Thank you for sharing Shugen and Shingen for a great job.
          Jika, we'll be missing you there

          Gassho
          Washin
          sat-today
          Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
          Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
          ----
          I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
          and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

          Comment

          • Jakuden
            Member
            • Jun 2015
            • 6142

            #6
            I am still hoping to join at some point, but will have my space usurped yet again this Sunday by another teenage sleepover. Glad you won't be going too fast, so hopefully I will be able to watch and catch up! Thank you for doing this.

            Gassho,
            Jakuden
            SatToday

            Comment

            • Shugen
              Treeleaf Unsui
              • Nov 2007
              • 4535

              #7
              Originally posted by Jakuden
              I am still hoping to join at some point, but will have my space usurped yet again this Sunday by another teenage sleepover. Glad you won't be going too fast, so hopefully I will be able to watch and catch up! Thank you for doing this.

              Gassho,
              Jakuden
              SatToday
              Snail pace! [emoji3]

              Gassho,

              Shugen

              #sattoday


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Meido Shugen
              明道 修眼

              Comment

              • Shugen
                Treeleaf Unsui
                • Nov 2007
                • 4535

                #8
                Hello,

                If you have not already done so, you should print out Shingen"s Overview document and have it with you during our next meeting.



                Gassho,

                Shugen

                #sattoday
                Meido Shugen
                明道 修眼

                Comment

                • Nindo

                  #9
                  Hi guys, this is a really neat document. Would you be able to change the title of this thread to include the word Oryoki, so that in the future it will pop up in searches?
                  Please and thank you

                  Gassho
                  Nindo
                  sattoday

                  Comment

                  • Shugen
                    Treeleaf Unsui
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 4535

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Nindo
                    Hi guys, this is a really neat document. Would you be able to change the title of this thread to include the word Oryoki, so that in the future it will pop up in searches?
                    Please and thank you

                    Gassho
                    Nindo
                    sattoday
                    Welcome back!

                    Good idea!

                    I'll see what I can do.

                    Gassho,

                    Shugen

                    #sattoday


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Meido Shugen
                    明道 修眼

                    Comment

                    • Seido
                      Member
                      • May 2015
                      • 167

                      #11
                      Thank you for this.

                      Gassho,
                      Seidō
                      SatToday
                      The strength and beneficence of the soft and yielding.
                      Water achieves clarity through stillness.

                      Comment

                      • Shugen
                        Treeleaf Unsui
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 4535

                        #12
                        Hello all,

                        If you've not seen this before, Jundo made a lovely video a few years ago.



                        Gassho,

                        Shugen

                        #sattoday
                        Meido Shugen
                        明道 修眼

                        Comment

                        • Mp

                          #13
                          Thank you Shugen this is a gem. =)

                          Gassho
                          Shingen

                          #sattoday

                          Comment

                          • Washin
                            Treeleaf Unsui
                            • Dec 2014
                            • 3751

                            #14
                            If you've not seen this before, Jundo made a lovely video a few years ago.
                            Thank you for this, Shugen. So practically helpful.

                            Gassho
                            Washin
                            sattoday
                            Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
                            Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
                            ----
                            I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
                            and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

                            Comment

                            • Eishuu

                              #15
                              Great video. Thank you.

                              Gassho
                              Lucy
                              Sat today

                              Comment

                              Working...