X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tomás ESP
    • Aug 2020

Originally posted by gaurdianaq
    Btw streaming right now, playing among us with some of our co-workers.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Evan,
    Sat today, lah
    Saw you for a bit on the stream, love Among Us! Fun game

Comment

• gaurdianaq
      • Jul 2020

Originally posted by Tomás Sard
      Saw you for a bit on the stream, love Among Us! Fun game
      Did you catch me when my mouth was on fire after eating a reaper pepper?

Evan,
      Sat today, lah
      Just going through life one day at a time!

Comment

• Jakuden
        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by gaurdianaq
        Did you catch me when my mouth was on fire after eating a reaper pepper?

Evan,
        Sat today, lah
        Holy hot pepper, it dawned on me reading this thread that you were going to eat an actual reaper! Yikes, I would have totally watched if I could have, I hope you raised a lot of money lol[emoji892]

Gassho
        Jakuden
        SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

• Jundo
          Treeleaf Founder and Priest
          • Apr 2006

I tuned in to see you playing "Dark Souls." Look like like a ferocious Buddhist protector, doing Bodhisattva work, saving folks from the fires of hell with your Sword of Wisdom! Not to mention fighting dragons.

(Unless I misunderstood the game).

Here is another Buddhist Guardian, also with "Estus Flask," Trident and Sword to fight Delusion!

Anyway, fighting evil to help sick kids ... what could be more Bodhisattva than that!?

Gassho, J

STLah
          Last edited by Jundo; 11-13-2020, 11:35 PM.
          ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• Jundo
            Treeleaf Founder and Priest
            • Apr 2006

PS - Soto monks, back in the day, were also good dragon and ghost hunters and such, like this story of the 14th Century Soto priest Genno ...

Genno reportedly was traveling through Hoki when he
            encountered the ghost of the wife of Shimazu Atsutada, the lord of
            Kasuga castle. A lifetime of evil deeds had led the deceased wife to suf¬
            fer the torments of hell. Every night as she attempted to escape, her ghost
            appeared, shrieking outside of her grave. The local people were afraid to
            go out after dark. Genno confronted the ghost, teaching her that anyone
            who repented of their evil deeds could be saved. That night Atsutada
            dreamed that his wife had become a Buddha. The next morning he dis¬
            covered that it was Genno who had led her to salvation, and in thanks he
            pledged his financial support to Genno. Shortly thereafter, Atsutada told
            Genno that for several nights he had observed a light shine out of the sea
            to a certain spot on a nearby mountain. Genno interpreted the light as
            evidence that a Buddhist spirit must be hidden in the mountain. Atsu¬
            tada, however, told him that at the foot of the mountain lay the pond of
            an evil dragon. On occasion, the dragon had destroyed local crops and
            attacked people. Genno walked over to the mountain, seeing with his
            own eyes the lands wasted, the crops in ruins. The local villagers begged
            Genno to protect them from the dragon. As he approached the pond, the
            wind suddenly howled and the surface of the water boiled. The dragon
            appeared from out of the pond and moved toward Genno. To stop the
            dragon, Genno chanted scripture. Then, as soon as the dragon became
            still, he administered the precepts. The dragon was transformed instantly
            into Kannon bodhisattva and disappeared into the sky. The next morning
            the baleful pond was gone. The site of evil obstructions thus proved the
            ideal setting for revealing the spiritual power of the precepts and the
            Buddhist compassion associated with Kannon bodhisattva. At that site
            Atsutada erected a new Zen temple (Taikyuji) for Genno.
            Ah, ya see ... the Power of Jukai!

Gassho, J

STLah
            ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Comment

• gaurdianaq
              • Jul 2020

Originally posted by Jundo
              I tuned in to see you playing "Dark Souls." Look like like a ferocious Buddhist protector, doing Bodhisattva work, saving folks from the fires of hell with your Sword of Wisdom! Not to mention fighting dragons.

(Unless I misunderstood the game).

Here is another Buddhist Guardian, also with "Estus Flask," Trident and Sword to fight Delusion!

Anyway, fighting evil to help sick kids ... what could be more Bodhisattva than that!?

Gassho, J

STLah
              Something along those lines, or at least you try, too bad most of the characters eventually lose their sanity (there are a couple of dragons in the game as well)

Actually one of the games I played, Overwatch, has a character named Zenyatta. Who is basically a Robot Buddhist Monk.

Zenyatta is an omnic monk who wanders the world in search of spiritual enlightenment. It is said that those who cross his path are never the same again. He believes that by forming people into relationships, the world can be healed, and a better society created. But, when necessary, he will fight to protect the innocent, be they omnic or human. The orbs he uses were hand-carved at the Shambali monastary and serve as a means to channel omnic energy.

Like all Shambali, despite being unable to eat, Zenyatta knows how to prepare food.

A former member of the Shambali, Zenyatta disagreed with the group's approach. He believed that the way to repair the problems between humans and omnics was not through dogmatic teaching but through interpersonal connection and engagement. Ultimately, Zenyatta followed his own path. He chose to leave the monastery and wander the world, helping those he meets to overcome their personal struggles and find inner peace.

At some point either before or after leaving the monastery, he encountered Genji, who had left Overwatch and was conflicted with his nature as a cyborg. Though Genji initially rejected Zenyatta's wisdom, the benevolent omnic would not be deterred. In time, Zenyatta became his mentor, and under the monk's tutelage, Genji reconciled his dual existence as both man and machine. Zenyatta would later consider Genji to be one of his brightest pupils.
              Some people think his name is supposed to be a combination of Zen and Śūnyatā.

Evan,
              Sat today, lah
              Last edited by gaurdianaq; 11-14-2020, 04:46 AM.
              Just going through life one day at a time!

Comment

Working...