Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doshin
    • May 2015

[EcoDharma] Earth Based Mindfulness

The Bess Family Foundation put together an EcoAdvisory group to look at where Practice Intersects the environment. Leaders from a variety of Buddhist Traditions then put together the attached report.

I believe it gives an overview of EcoDharma from diverse perspectives and want to share with our Sangha.

Please, any thoughts or discussion are welcome

Doshin
    Stlah

PS The link to the Report follows the introduction
    Last edited by Jundo; 03-21-2024, 01:11 AM.
  • Washin
    Treeleaf Unsui
    • Dec 2014

Thank you, Doshin

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Comment

• Myojin
      • Feb 2023

Tbanks Doshin,

I think this sort of thing is an important step, although I can see that, at least among people I work with, things like mindfulness, meditation etc are generally not considered part of the professional life of a scientist, whatever ones personal views.

On the other hand, it's long been my opinion that without changing how we think about how we relate to nature, not as something 'out there', 'the environment' as an abstract other, we need to habitually think of it as 'our environment', our life support system, not something separate.

We have the tools to make changes, we understand the science well enough to make the necessary changes, what we lack is the will, and I believe that this is because we view it as something other, as somebody else's problem, when in reality we depend on it for our lives. We're not born into the world, we're born of it.

Gassho

Myojin

Comment

• mdonnoe
        • Feb 2024

Wow - this is very cool to read through! I'm really enjoying seeing the eco-advisory group's individual projects in particular... it's giving me ideas of my own!
        Here's one that stood out to me: http://www.dharmaoftrees.org/

Gassho,

Michael
        Satlah

Comment

Working...